Panasonic 50" tc-p50g20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 50" tc-p50g20

When tv is plugged in a relay clicks twice when I hit the power button standby light blinks 10 times and nothing happens no power no sound. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by leo25; 01-01-2014, 07:11 AM.

Re: Panasonic 50" tc-p50g20

Must be the week of 50" G20/25 issues, I think your the third one. SC boards fail in these, can cause SOS10 & SOS4.

Could try disconnecting SC2 at SC and see if it changes, there's a guide in a recent post 2010 G20/25 FHD Plasmas with plenty of steps to try. I'll check which one, just uploaded it again today.

Comment

Try this link 2010 FHD G20/25

Comment

I unplugged the ss board I believe and it stayed 10 blinks when I unplugged the board I believe u said it went to 7 blinks

Comment

GT25 4 & 10 Blink

VT25 3D 10blink

S2 10 blink, uses same SC board

5081 fault finding and repair I had fun doing this but the last board tested my patience.

G20 10 blink

There's more, just try a search, these came up on TNPA5081,

Comment

Originally posted by leo25 View Post
            I unplugged the ss board I believe and it stayed 10 blinks when I unplugged the board I believe u said it went to 7 blinks
            No, SC board, LHS viewed from rear.

let the power bleed off before reconnecting or measure it at the Vsus connectors otherwise the 200v that's sitting there may spike something.

Comment

Yeah I have no idea what u are talking about lol still new at the whole tv repair use to doing game console laptops cellphones ipads that sort of stuff

Comment

The guide is really good, where are you at, what do I need to explain?

Comment

In the handbook, slides, 6,8,10-16, 43-44(if you have bad Sc, Su/SD board checks before installing a new SC is a must)

slide 53, 10 blink at power on

Slide 61, cable disconnection tables

Comment

The layout, New Zealand model but essentially the same, slightly different SC part number and A boards are different but it's what's you should see.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah ok looks similar unplugged the sc board and had 7 blinks and unplugged the ss board and still had 10 blinks.

Comment

That fist link u put on here is that guide? My phone wont bring it up just says the internet stops working when I click on it. I dont have the internet I have always just used my phone.

Comment

yep, it's a 2.06Mb PDF download. If you don't have the internet then how do you access this website? I guess you're saying you have no PC or laptop to access it and open it?

anyway, hopefully you can get the idea of what to check from all the other posts. i guess this also means you have no copy of the service manual either.

Just disconnect SC2 on the Sc board and power it up and see what happens or grab a meter and check the resistance or a short across the 2 pins.

Comment

sorry missed post 11, check Sc2 then and see if shorted. It's real late here, losing my eyes and mind.

Comment

Which is the sc2 its not on ur diagram?

Comment

If you disconnected the Sc board, was it the 2 wire power cable from the PSU to the SC that was disconnected? That connector is SC2. There's only 2 connection going in, the white ribbon (SC20) P5V,P15v, data, SOS6,7 etc goes on that, Vsus (200v approx) goes in on SC2, it's the pins on the SC at SC2, cable removed, check that's there's no residual voltage at the pins, the caps on the Sc board may still be charged.

Comment

Yeah thats what I had disconnected and got the 7 blinks

Comment

so measure across the pins resistance/continuity

Comment

Working...
                                    X