X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting unusual Panel Defect ?

Hi

Pilot PD43S9HE Led TV . Panel model: See in photos

Photos tell it all really. ( added Logo image photo )
    The bulge in the area before the panel Matrix .
    To me it looks like a local short that heated inside.

Should I waste my time in flipping the panel , as if this issue can be repaired ?
    The distribution board at this end looks ok , though I did not measure anything

What are your thoughts ?

Cheers
    Last edited by Ancient1; 12-10-2023, 01:29 PM.

Originally posted by Ancient1 View Post
    Hi
    Photos tell it all really.
    The bulge in the area before the panel Matrix .
    To me it looks like a local short that heated inside.
    Should I waste my time in flipping the panel , as if this issue can be repaired ?
    The distribution board at this end looks ok , though I did not measure anything
    What are your thoughts ?
    Cheers
    Post the TV model number,and panel model/part number https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...n-thread-title
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

• Ancient1
      Ancient1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks , fixed . Won't happen again.

Hi, probably it was near a source of heat, there is a delamination where the liquid flown around damaging the transistors, to try to save it you can only drill it with a small battery drill (see Aliex, cost 15euro) and diamond 1mm tip..

Comment

Hi Davi.P

Pressure on the Flexes does not have ANY impact on the display.

" there is a delamination where the liquid flown around damaging the transistors" : I don't understand what "liquid" you mean ? What do you mean by "drill" ? open the bulge ?

The distribution board is taped to the chassey, not easy to remove. Do you think there is any point flipping the Panel and checking what is underside the bulge ?

btw - Go to local Dentist and ask if he has used drills . It is easy to adapt to a Dremel.
      Last edited by Ancient1; 12-10-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

There is a liquid on every lcd panel (liquid crystal display), i mean making a hole on the bulge, first try with a needle, but it can't go trough real glass, then only chance the drill, it's not like new but maybe better..

Comment

Thanks for the advice Davi.P .
          I have diamond disc , Dentist drills , and Glass tools . Not the first time I do VERY delicate job with tiny parts ( solder wires to 0402 cap because the pads are gone ). We'll see

Comment

Hi Davi.p

Amazing !!! And a little disapointing

I drilled through without any issue with my dentist drill heads
            On 1st power up the screen was GOOD - Amazing
            Than after few minutes the dot lines appeared
            I tilted the TV - perhaps fluid should leak down and the situation will improve ?
            There is also a horizontal line on the upper side .. no idea if it was there before..

Overall , I consider this another miracle repair by you

Thank you !!! 🎅 Merry Christmass

Comment

Nooooo! Stupid me...! Obviously if you drill in the inner part between the pixels the liquid leakage could only worsen...!! The right try was to drill the COG area, thus the border where there is galss integrated chip, nut not sure if that would improve also.. sorry...

.. or.. drill a bit more and block liquid with cianoacrilyc glue (superglue)...
              Last edited by Davi.p; 12-11-2023, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Where else could I drill.
                There was/is no fluid.
                The pixels area was not drilled .
                Last edited by Ancient1; 12-11-2023, 08:17 AM.

Comment

if the bulge and then the hole is not in the pixel area it's better, in fact there was no LC typical black blotch.. so i don't know.. then it wasn't a source of heat but the bulge generated by the short circuit in the COG... have you tried with signal masking? surely must be block all clocks, maybe also the VCC, VGH, VGL.. so the short overloads nothing..

Comment

The TV was brought to me from someone I guided. I told him to mask tracks and things got better - to the green hue state in the photo in my first message.
                    I did mention a short as a probable cause .
                    Anyway , The hole is a fact now. I'll leave the TV , in an angel, till tomorrow and decide . Probably throw away but sell the electronics

Comment

Watchable

Comment

Those streaks was there before my advice?

Comment

No. Just the green hue . see first post
                          I'll try and sell

Comment

Sold
                            For ~25 EU

Buyer : Worked few hours and image started shaking ...
                            I explained everything to him, and he can return it .
                            but maybe ..

how can I easily link to a video ?

Comment

Too funny

Comment

Working...
                              X