pioneer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pioneer help

hello, i have just replaced the power supply in my pioneer pdp6070pu and now the blue light blinks 13 times. i have looked into this and it says its the main assy or power supply. i know i have to reset it but the manual says to turn the tv guide feature off and nowhere does it tell me how to. any help on this?

Re: pioneer help

Do a factory reset - the tv guide feature is OFF by default until you go through the setup process for it.

Comment

thats what i assumed. but they screen wont even turn on to see what im doing.

Comment

Hmm.. there is a way to do it through the rs232 port but I've never used that. I suspect even if you could do a factory reset it wouldn't get your raster back.

Have you tried the factory reset key combination ? I ask because you don't turn the set on FIRST to enter factory mode so I guess it's possible it will boot up in Factory mode if that really is your problem.

Comment

well i bought it and the guy that said it just wouldnt turn on so i took the back off and boom, first thing is see is i need to replace the psu. and yes i tried the reset combo while its in standby, but when i push the power button at the end of the combo it tries to turn on and same thing. screen turns the grayish color and hear the relays clicking but the blue led blinks 13 times again.

Comment

heres some pics, lol kind of self explanatory, but i think something else is wrong now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh my that can't be good. Where did you get the PSU from ?

Comment

ebay. . but before it didnt do anything and now its kind of powering on so thats a good sign. right? lol

Comment

Ya it WAS a good sign. It's dead again now ?

Comment

well not completely. like before it did absolutely nothing, no lights or anything. now its been doing the same thing since i put it back together, the 13 blinks. i dont think it has anything to do with the psu considering that it is getting power now, whereas before it was just dead

Comment

13 blinks IS power supply failure. You may have changed one bad psu for another.

Comment

i took the back off again and realized that this little red light is on, its located on the main board i believe. any clue?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by subarufreek; 12-13-2013, 02:32 AM. Reason: didnt upload pics

Comment

from what ive read its the main assy or the psu. any clue what "MTB-RST2/RST4" is? thats straight from the manual.

Comment

Its missing voltages in the reset lines.

Comment

so test all voltages on the lines that were disconnected? im confused.

Comment

Check your output voltages at power supply first.

This is from the 6010 SM
                                Attached Files

Comment

thanks i will look into that over the week end. here to hope!

Comment

ok, i checked the output voltages and all checkout good but the connector jw271 there are 4 pins that should read 5.1 and are reading 3.4. would that make that much of a difference? also now the blue and red leds on the front are staying on like they should and when i enter the remote code it tries to turn on but turns back off and the leds dont blink. any clues or what to do next is very appreciated.

Comment

Solid red and blue are Trap Switch.

The 3.4v is low not sure how that would impact the relevant circuits.

Comment

Have you ever gone into the factory service mode ? Sounds like you just aren't doing it right and the set refuses to turn on because the Trap Switch was tripped.
                                        Last edited by mmartell; 12-16-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X