pioneer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer help

no the tv wont stay on, service factory mode being hit display wait 4-7 secs then left up left right power? if so yes i tried that and it will click turn on like the grayish color then back off and that red light on the main board will be on, but no led blinks on the front, is the light on the main board supposed to stay on?

Comment

I mean have you ever entered Factory Service mode on ANY Pioneer ? I did it a few years back and then recently tried again and had a devil of a time getting it right.

Try hitting the power button and see if the set acts exactly the same as when you try to enter factory mode. If it's the same I will attempt to coach you on how to press the buttons.

Comment

nope, never done it before, and when i hit the power button by itself it doesnt do anything. the red and blue light stay on but nothing else, and when i do the reset code that is when it attempts to turn on and do what i mentioned above.

Comment

Ok just to rule it out try this... Count "one thousand one, one thousand two" etc...

Start counting by HOLDING the Display button for a count of three. Let go but keep counting.

On "eight" start the rest of the sequence pushing one button per second so the power button gets pushed at "twelve".

That works for me all the time every time. Report back if that changes anything or not.

Comment

About lights on the main board I can't report until tomorrow after I receive the board I'm waiting for but keep in mind I have a different model.

Comment

ok, will do. thanks. what model is yours?

Comment

6010fd

Comment

ok, well i tried it like 1o times and same thing every time. any other ideas? also i talked to another guy that was talking about bypassing the trap switch. any clue on that?

Comment

You can't "bypass it" after it's been tripped you have to close the switch and clear the flag. You can insert a jumper wire in the harness going to the switch and it will look to the micro as the switch it always closed.

Wait. You do have the trap disabled somehow with the back off while you are working on this don't you ??

Comment

yea, i have a clip on it to keep it pushed down. is that right?

Comment

also the fan doesnt come on. should it come on immediately?

Comment

Yes that's right, as long as you're sure the switch is registering as closed. You can take the connector off and check for continuity directly on the switch to be sure.

Comment

I can check the fan for you tomorrow.

I need to reread this thread before I ask you the same questins over again lol.

Comment

ok, thanks again

Comment

Ok I'm going to assume like any reasonable person that with damage like in the pic you still have an issue with the psu. Did the original have any physical damage to it as well ?

Is the burnt section where the main power comes in ?
                                Last edited by mmartell; 12-16-2013, 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Whoa those wires have been blown off ! How is that set working at all ?? What am I missing here ?

Comment

it wasnt working when i bought it, nothing at all. no lights or anything. yes the burnt section is where the main power goes in, i bought the new board and cut the wires down and put new metal clamps on it and reused the little white connector. now its gettin the power and all that like it should, just cant figure out where to look next.

Comment

Ok so the pic of the burnt power supply is the previous power supply which was replaced.

Did you take the connector off the trap switch and measure with a meter to verify the switch is closed ? That probably seems useless but if the switch isn't closed or has failed open you could be chasing the moon and never fix it.
                                      Last edited by mmartell; 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

im not understanding what youre meaning by closed? like pushed in to make sure the tv thinks that "the back is closed"?

Comment

A switch is either open (no contact) or closed (continuity). Like anything else a switch can fail and in this case if the switch is broken no amount of pushing on it will "close" it if it has failed open.

That's why I suggest you simply test the switch or bypass it altogether by inserting a jumper wire in the connector.

Comment

Working...
                                          X