Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD1502DVD 15" TV - No Power

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot a 15" TV that does not turn on, no sounds/relays, etc. dead.
    I checked power supply and there's a broken "resistor fuse". (picture below) What's the value of this "resistor fuse"? 56 ohms? Can I change this with a normal resistor?
    Power supply is 12V 5A.

Thanks for any opinion or insight
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pyrosster; 09-24-2013, 04:50 AM.

Re: LCD1502DVD 15" TV - No Power

Is that device original? Could it have been accidentally incorrectly replaced?

A 15" LCD TV would use about 2 amps on 12V. The 56 ohm resistor would allow an absolute maximum of 12V/56R = 210mA. Therefore, I doubt it is 56 ohms. A value of less than or equal to 0.56 ohms would be expected.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom66 for your reply.

The device is original. It's a 15" TV with DVD player. So the fuse resistor could be changed with a 0.56 ohms 1/2W normal resistor?
      The sticker on the PCB (250V/6A) is confusing because the power supply is 12V and the part AZ1084S2 is a low dropout linear regulator.

Thanks again.

Comment

Does the 12V output from the power jack go anywhere else?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's very strange. The chassis have this sticker: Power input: 110V-240V 50/60Hz 48W
          But the mainboard only have a 12V connector and the transformer sticker is 12V 5Amp.
          The manufacturer changed the design?

Comment

Probably printed many stickers and decided to use them anyway..

Comment

tom66, how can I replace that part? Normal 0.56ohm 1/2W resistor is ok?

Comment

I think a fuse will work, I still don't think that's an original part...

Comment

What type of fuse? which value?

Comment

I usually take 1.5~2x input current so 7.5A to 10A that being said a 15" would normally not use more than 2 amps so maybe 3 to 5 amps rating. Slow blow type.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X