Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp pl4260n

A little back ground:
    I stopped working on TVs back in 1976 when I found a job that paid better so bare with me.
    I am working on a HP PL4260 (on the outside) which is really a LG Model PDP42X32002 on the inside say the labels.
    The TV has a red power button that turns to a purple when I push it. Relays click and I'm assuming that turns on ALL the voltages
    from the power supply. All voltages are dead on as marked at the connectors on the power supply and at each board connected to it according to my Fluke 77.
    The sustain boards are warm/hot.
    I've checked every regulator chip I recognize. They all read 5v, 3.3v or 1.8v. There are a few pins marked 12v and are dead on the money.
    On the input board (next to tuner/sound board) there is a LED that lights when TV is plugged in and another lights when power is turned on.

I see no swollen/bulging/distorted/leaking caps.
    After it has been on for about 5 minutes it powers itself off. All fuses check good. Or all those items that appear to me to be a fuse.
    Nothing smokes nor can I find anything that is burned.

Since I have no picture or sound (Black screen) I am suspecting the input board next to the tuner board.
    Or could it be the control board? But it powers up (no sound or picture though) so isn't that the function of the control board?
    Nothing lights but the two LEDS on the input board and the power button.

I would like your recommendation to where I can purchase one or more of the following boards.
    1)The control Board = LGEP 060106; Model 42V8&3; patr 6870QCH006c
    2) The input(main?) = E/RSAG7-820.672A\ROH
    3) TUNER = E/RSAG7-820.630A\ROH
    4) ZSUS = 6871QZH956A; PD42065K033414
    5) YSUS = 6871QYH953A; PD42065K034637
    I did not include power supply since it appears it is functioning as it should.
    I got pictures of the boards if needed.

Gentlemen and any ladies I will entertain any comments/suggestions/help I can get.

Thanks
    ==Ray===

Re: Hp pl4260n

Here are pictures off the boards. I apologize for the one sustain board covered by the bracket. I'll try to get one without.
    The Ysus looks exactly like this one http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6871qyh9...main-board.htm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RayNAiken; 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Wow!
      I'm feeling no love here.
      Is there a secret handshake or something?

Anyways this a bump....maybe someone will see it this time?

Comment

In picture 2 on the logic control board at P6, the LVDS cable, was that disconnected just for the photo.

There's a number of threads about no picture for HP pl4260n, try a search using pl4260n, maybe there's something in there.

Those IPMs on the sustain boards are a common fail in LG.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/search...archid=2779151
        Last edited by tw2005; 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          In picture 2 on the logic control board at P6, the LVDS cable, was that disconnected just for the photo.
          Yes, I had to disconnect them. The board was under the input/tuner boards. I didn't want connector pins to get bent from the weight of those two boards.

Thank you for the suggestion and the link. I will investigate.

Here are several characters to satisfy "message is too short."

Comment

Working...
          X