Panasonic TC-P65S2 has full-height 3" vertical bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P65S2 has full-height 3" vertical bar

(Originally posted in Tom's excellent troubleshooting thread, moved on suggestion. Hope it's in the right place!)

Hi Tom, got a Panasonic TC-P65S2 that developed a full height 3" vert. bar about 1/3 of the way in from right edge. Bar characteristics are difficult to describe, but suffice it to say that it's most visible on a black screen, say when changing inputs when screen momentarily black. During normal operation most of the bar is fairly unnoticable except for a slight change in color values, the exception being the far right edge of the bar which is a quite noticeably 1-2 mm thin stripe, usually reddish but changes depending upon what's dispalyed on the screen, sometimes nearly invisible. Most noticeable when displaying a darker object (Face, car, etc.) near the bar when the background is light (sky, white room, etc.) Upon close inspection the majority of the bar's distortion is caused by very, very thin dark lines evenly spaced at 1-3 mm. Only other characteristic is that there seems to be a horizontal component to the bar in that at times (depending on what's being displayed at any given moment) the bar seems to be comprised of a series of rectangles of maybe 1.25-1.5" in height, so it looks like a stack of blocks. Again, these "blocks," like the entire bar, it only really discernible as a value distortion, or "difference" from the rest of the display. Does that make any sense? Pretty sure it's the PDP (seems to be the concensus) Read thru forum and found some similar, but not identical, threads. Thought I'd run it past you. Thanx for your time and patience Tom.

Will supply pictures if someone can tell me best way to accomplish that. :-) Is there a way to screen cap it? I'm afraid just taking a snapshot might not pick up the subtle stuff.

PS. Looking for Service Manual for this unit as well. Thanx!
    Last edited by snaxforgandhi; 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM.

Re: Panasonic TC-P65S2 has full-height 3" vertical bar

Take a picture or upload it here, or make a YouTube video.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Been trying to find my camera all day, daughter has it in Cali. BUT!!!! But, I just went into the room the set is in and IT'S GONE! The bar is GONE! What does that mean??? The television wasn't even off, just in dimmed standby. I had unplugged it earlier today for a half hour or so to reset and give anything heat related a chance to cool off, but it was still there when I plugged it in and turned it on. It's been on for a couple hours now and had been on standby for a bit when I bumped the remote and it woke up the line was adios. Still leary. Does this bode any better for prognosis?

Comment

Definitely sounds like a loose connector. It'll come back, but it gives hope for fixing it permanently.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X