Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung hpt5054 plasma no pic with sound

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    Have you gone over the ymain at all and checked for any shorted FETs, possibly Q5500

Q5501 ,Q5302,Q5303,Q5304,Q5306 ?
    Any tips on how to do this? Is it in the service manual?

Comment

generally to test a fet with a multimeter you set it to 200 resistance and test with the red and black leads between each pin in all possible combinations and there should be more then 50 resistance between each pin (if the meter shows (1____) or something like that its above the range which is good.

After that you can test the FET's for diode readings, set the multimeter to diode (looks like --<|-- ) and try all combinations on the 3 pins of red and black (switching black with red should give different values for the same 2 pins). Your expecting to see about 2 or 3 combinations of order you arrange the red and black lead / which pins you test to give diode readings (anything other then 0.0000 or 1____ that you see on the display), 0.0000 is often a sign of a shorted fet , so retry that same order / pins with the resistance setting mentioned above.
      Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        Have you gone over the ymain at all and checked for any shorted FETs, possibly Q5500

Q5501 ,Q5302,Q5303,Q5304,Q5306 ?
        Cheked these as instructed and all test above 1when set at 200

On diode setting 5500 is the only one without a short.

Also found short on d5001 and d5003 if that means anything

Anything else i can check on this board?

Also thanks for the responces. As a first year EE major i am learning a lot from this. Should help when i take my firstcircuits class next semester.
        Last edited by ducatilover; 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Any ideas if this would be a good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-LJ41-...item4170a2d0f4

Comment

Originally posted by ducatilover View Post
            Any ideas if this would be a good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-LJ41-...item4170a2d0f4
            It looks like a good deal. Coincidentally, I've conversed with that seller. He mentioned that his company uses genuine buffer chips to repair the Y-buffers, unlike some companies that use cheap Chinese chips. The company's located in California, and apparently it's run by some electrical and computer engineers.

Edit: Hmm, it looks like you can even purchase an extended warranty. Interesting.
            Last edited by capkid; 04-16-2013, 01:33 AM.
            LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Debating on sending the buffer boards to the Ebay seller. Just concerned that if they get replaced and i have a bad display then I'm SOL. Any way to check the display before spending some $ on this thing?

Comment

I don't know of an alternative for checking the panel. The fault history of this model would point to the panel most likely being ok. BTW, I checked with a few eBay buyers who'd purchased from that seller upwards of six months ago, since I was curious about the longevity of the buffer board repair, and the two who responded said their TVs are still running fine.
                Last edited by capkid; 04-23-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                  I don't know of an alternative for checking the panel. The fault history of this model would point to the panel most likely being ok. BTW, I checked with a few eBay buyers who'd purchased from that seller upwards of six months ago, since I was curious about the longevity of the buffer board repair, and the two who responded said their TVs are still running fine.
                  Thats good news. Thats for the info

Comment

Not to worry you, but I have two of these HP-T5054 TVs; I just picked up the second of the two the other day. I blew the Y-Sus and upper Y-buffer in the first TV after I'd just repaired them, so the TV sat until I picked up the second one. I repeated the Y-buffer and Y-Sus repair on the second TV's parts, installed them in the first TV, and the screen was blotchy. I quickly pulled the power cord to avoid damaging the Y-Sus and Y-buffers. I then installed the repaired Y-Sus and Y-buffer in the second TV, and I got a normal screen.

The bottom line is that I believe the panel in the first TV is bad. I've checked out the Z-Sus, and it doesn't appear to have any issues. If you sense that something is not quite right after installing your repaired/replacement boards, pull the power cord immediately.
                    Last edited by capkid; 04-23-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

If the display were to be bad could it blow the new y boards after replacing them?

Comment

Originally posted by ducatilover View Post
                        If the display were to be bad could it blow the new y boards after replacing them?
                        That's what I suspect happened with my TV: The faulty panel was blowing the Y-buffer, which in turn blew the Y-Sus. Just watch the screen closely when you fire up the TV and pull the cord immediately if it looks weird. Chances are that your panel is fine, though.
                        Last edited by capkid; 04-24-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                          That's what I suspect happened with my TV: The faulty panel was blowing the Y-buffer, which in turn blew the Y-Sus. Just watch the screen closely when you fire up the TV and pull the cord immediately if it looks weird. Chances are that your panel is fine, though.
                          I guess the only only way to know the display is bad is to replace the boards then

Comment

Working...
                          X