Another Polaroid TDA-03211C - main board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Polaroid TDA-03211C - main board

I picked up one of these much written about Polaroids. TDA-03211C from 2007 with built in DVD. It had the blue / red indicator problem which I solved by replacing the caps on the power supply. Now, it powers up and works BUT after a time (a few minutes or up to 30 minutes) it begins to exhibit some erratic symptoms like pixelating, flashing screen, DVD cycles, buttons don't work. It seems like a power stability issue. I am focusing on the main board because of what I also discovered when I was fixing the PS caps. Board is P/N 200-107-GT321XA-AH rev A GT3213C-XA2. White tag on bottom of board is 21 899-KE0-GT3212XAZH Rev:01.

As shown in the attached pictures, the coil at the corner of the board is broken. Not sure if it blew apart or was a defect but I know it isn't a good thing. Problem is, I cannot find a schematic on this set anywhere so I don't know the rating on the coil to even know what to replace it with. If anyone has a schematic or knows of a way to figure out what I need to get please let me know. My other option, though I hoped to avoid it, is to purchase an entire board off of ebay or SJ.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Re: Another Polaroid TDA-03211C - main board

Ended up buying the entire control box which includes power supply and mainboard. Popped it in today and works like a charm. Easier and quicker than repairing the mainboard issue but I still wish I knew what the problem was and whether that broken inductor coil was the issue. But I now have a working power supply with all new caps that I can sell.

Comment

Working...
    X