X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view sonic 3260w

need the part number for q7 on the power suppy board fsp22-3f01

Re: view sonic 3260w

"a major issue with these supplies is q7, a small surface mount npn transistor. When this puppy goes bad, the supply pulsates, meaning your +5v line may run from 4.0-5.9 and it oscillates back and forth. It also causes I believe c36 to fail as well. Replace this transistor, I use any reasonable npn transistor and u should be fine."

Comment

Thanks I have subed a 2n222a and still have 5v . I also removed the zener d4 for testing and may have reinstalled it in reverse . After 75 years you start to do things like this can you give me the correct orintation of the diode ?

Comment

On most boards, manufacturers denote the orientation using a line (or stripe) on the PCB to indicate the cathode side should be oriented towards that stripe.

Comment

I just got a Viewsonic N3250W the other day someone decided to repair themselves (see the attached image). The power supply is a updated version of the fsp212-3f01, the fsp212-3f02.

Anyhow, notice the stripes which indicate the orientation.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks I had it installed right . I noticed how you subsited the diode good idea when you cant find an smd .

Comment

Working...
            X