Samsung Hlp5063w problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Hlp5063w problems

I sold an HLP5063 a few weeks back after replacing the lamp.

customer called today, and said it turns on then flashes the timer lamp and shuts off, and if cycled on and off 3 times all three lights on the front flash.

customer also says by unplugging and repluging the tv it somtimes will come on for awhile.

I have the service manual, but it dosent describe anything like this issue, I will be going to the customer tommorow, and would like to have an idea of what to check.

Re: Samsung Hlp5063w problems

went and looked at the unit, the timer light donent flash, the lamp light flashes like the unit is starting, then it resets 3 times and flashes all three lamps.

power supply was deleviring cprrect voltage to balaast, but balast wasnt powering the lamp, also color wheel wasnt spinning up.

when I was probing the balast board the color wheel spun up.

Is this a color wheel problem or is it a ballast problem?

Comment

color wheel. KNOWN issue.

Comment

thanks

Comment

ok, replaced color wheel, it was working and customer was happy.

then got call from customer saying it worked for a few days, now takes 30 minutes of unplugging and replugging to get it to come on and he demands his money back.

I told him to sell the tv on cragslist and I will refund him the difference (i dont want it back not knowing what he has done to it), but I am stumped as to how this problem occurred when it was working when i left.

best I can figure is dirty power, or a defective customer...

Comment

Originally posted by rubicondsrv View Post
            ok, replaced color wheel, it was working and customer was happy.

then got call from customer saying it worked for a few days, now takes 30 minutes of unplugging and replugging to get it to come on and he demands his money back.

I told him to sell the tv on cragslist and I will refund him the difference (i dont want it back not knowing what he has done to it), but I am stumped as to how this problem occurred when it was working when i left.

best I can figure is dirty power, or a defective customer...
            This sounds like a case of 'You touched my TV and now it's not working, so it's your fault'.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
            X