X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 50P6

Update....

Hi again,

I spent around 2 hours reseating and wiggling all the tcon and cof strips, but I cannot stop that pulsing loss of video on the last bit of the screen.

I did note that when I had my finger on the spot where I removed the D004 chip, that I could feel voltage on my fingertips...like heat.

I took out the solder iron again and used some more solder wick to clean the area, just in case there was still some solder residue etc, but that also didn't seem to stop it.

I'm sort of reluctant to want to try to remove another chip, as if I do so, and it ends up with no picture etc, then there is no way I can put a replacement chip in it's place.

Any suggestions please?

So close...yet so far !!!

Thanks
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

I cleaned all my desoldering with isopropyl today...it is nice and clean, but unfortunately, I still have the little 3 second micro busrt happening at the bottom of the picture......suggestions please?
      Attached Files

Comment

Well as per post 140, BOTH esd diodes were shorted, may be your problem too? you will not lose the picture if you remove the other one, just be careful not to damage anything during removal.

Comment

I wonder if it is the diode on the same end to remove, or one of the two on the other edge board?

When I tested all four diodes, the one that was removed was the only one showing a fault.

Comment

Just adding to this, unsure if it should really be a different thread? If so, please advise and I will repost it there.

In regards to these edge boards on tv panels, why do they insist on making them so that they are permanently fixed (bonded) via cof to the panel itself?

On all the other parts of the panel, the tcon, main board etc all use the little clips to undo and disconnect them, so replacements can be fitted.

Why can't the same be done to edge strips? I can understand the strip itself being bonded to the panel, but if the connection between the edge board and the cof strip were the same a tcon connections, surely many panels could easily be substituted/repaired, in a very easy fashion?

Comment

I removed the diode chip next to the one previously removed, the tv is back to working in all areas again, no picture problems now.

Special thanks to ruckusman.

Comment

update....still working after repair

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
                  update....still working after repair
                  Please take a look my theard
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124448