Hisense 50P6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 50P6

Thanks Diah....testing asap...Mothers Day in Australia, so tied up with family at the moment....
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

May I please ask a question before I conduct the test with only 1 working ribbon please? I am afraid to do this wrong, and then be remorseful for not asking first.

You said....

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      after you approved the LVDS and both ribbon are fine... do this test ( in order to know which half of screen are good )

1- disconnect LVDS from main boards side... fix your jumper 12 V to T-CON fuse ( use yours original T-CON )t
      2- disconnect only one ribbon cable ( from T-CON side) of the half screen which it show at yours Video bright line
      turn on the set and upload photo
      if- its clear color pattern or one color ... turn off the TV wait little to discharge.. then reverse the ribbon ( connect the bad side and disconnect the good one ) Note : always disconnect ribbon from T-CON side then turn on and let see photo too

in case both side are not good displaying..... try do the test same way with yours donor T-CON.
      Disconnect the main LVDS cable at the mainboard end

If I disconnect the one remaining main ribbon cable cable at tcon end,and the other end connected to the edge boards, then connect the jumper between the 12v on p/s rail and the fuse marked P on the t-con, and then power the set, should that give me one picture on one side or the other, and then.....

If I totally disconnect that ribbon cable and move it to the other side of the tcon, should that ribbon be disconnected at tcon side, connected at edge board side, then connect the jumper between the 12v on p/s rail and the fuse marked P on the t-con, and then power the set, should that give me one picture on one side or the other, and....

MY APOLOGY FOR ASKING, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO STUFF UP AGAIN

SORRY.

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
        May I please ask a question before I conduct the test with only 1 working ribbon please?
        yes. you are correct.

Comment

Well, nothing happened...

Backlights were all lit as per usual, and looking at the front of the screen, the usual dim looking screen.

No change noted on swapping cables.

I thought this may be the case, as with nothing connected to the tcon board except the unconnect ldvs at the mainboard, my head was tying to tell me that nothing much would work, but as usual, I am probably hopelessly wrong?

Thanks

Comment

Is it time to give in?

Comment

My apology for being a bit slow with this reply.

Before I did anything I checked to see if the pin on the PS had 12v when turned on...it did.

I then turned it all off and then put the lead on the 12v PS and onto F1 on the t-con and the screen went bright white with no lines.
              then the issue at MB. don't play with T-CON or screen any more..
              remove the black heat sink from the CPU and upload high resolution focused photos of the MB from up and down side..
              @Diah, can I ask, I have a similar screen, different model and boards, however I have just completed this 12v only connection to the t-con test and the screen didn't go white, it stayed dark.

My Thread here
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1239967

Does this mean the issue is more likely with the t-con?

Is it possibly a firmware issue with the t-con?
              Something worth trying?

thanks

Glenn

Comment

Is it time to give in?
                you need first to replace good ribbon cable.. with out ribbon its useless to test or repair

Comment

you need first to replace good ribbon cable.. with out ribbon its useless to test or repair
                  Thanks again Diah,

I'm sorry, but I am hopelessly confused in the above reply...please forgive me for not understanding what to do at the moment.

In posts #117 and #120, if I have read these right, you said to do the test with just the one good ribbon, which I have done, and reported back on the results.

Now it appears you are saying that testing with just one ribbon was useless.

PLEASE..I try hard..what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my continued asking.

Comment

i am not the manufacture of Hisense or the T-CON LOL.... i asked you to do test and the result was nothings.... it mean yours TV T-CON at stand alone mode .. will start working only if the panel complete connected.

Comment

I realise you are not manufacturer...just an ace helper.

I'll go and start to see if I can find out something about the TV T-CON at stand alone mode.

My guess is it must be the tv in standby, as both t-cons won't start it.

Thanks

Comment

I think he meant that the t-con in standalone mode won't display anything [it doesn't have a standalone mode], it will only display something when connected to the main board also.

I recall he said something like that previously, related to firmware on the t-con.

Diah feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

wrong, stand alone will display colored pattern or white screen depend on T-CON type. but the panel should be connected with all ribbon so the t-CON will start working in this mode.

OP did test with just only one ribbon... because the other one damaged .. the result was nothings.. so his t-CON will start working in this mode only if all ribbon connected.

Comment

OP did test with just only one ribbon... because the other one damaged .. the result was nothings.. so his t-CON will start working in this mode only if all ribbon connected.
                            Does this mean I have to source another ribbon from somewhere, to move forward with further testing?

Thanks

Comment

Does this mean I have to source another ribbon from somewhere, to move forward with further testing?

Thanks
                              yes. i wrote to you at post #127

Comment

right now don't buy ribbon.. just do the test but be careful don't damaged the good one too....
                                later if you are at the right way again... will tell you how we can fix ribbon ( ONE TIME TRY PLUG IN )
                                I am so lost now...wasn't this post #120 telling me to test with just one ribbon?

Sorry I keep misunderstanding.

Comment

I am so lost now...wasn't this post #120 telling me to test with just one ribbon?

Sorry I keep misunderstanding.
                                  say thanks GOD you found later the damage ribbon.. who knows could be the issue too.

Comment

wrong, stand alone will display colored pattern or white screen depend on T-CON type. but the panel should be connected with all ribbon so the t-CON will start working in this mode.

Thank you, now I understand firstly, that there is possibly a t-con standalone mode and what it might display; and
                                    For that standalone mode on his unit, both ribbons from the t-con to the panel must be connected; and

All of this depends upon the particular t-con model.

Comment

I see strips on AliExpress, however the numbers don't match...is it critical to have exactly the same numbers and description that is on the original?

eg...this is similar, but different numbers
                                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004782849662.html

Thanks

Comment

I have found how to repair a strip, albeit, my existing lead would end up too short.

This may help someone else though.
                                        https://youtube.com/watch?v=SNOzbpfSpec&feature=share

Comment

I've just succeeded in repairing mine.

It may assist you with yours once you get the replacement ribbon cable.

You can also trim yours shorter, BUT not as short as in the video you found.
                                          Jut a few millimetres of the end where the tracks have lifted may get it back to a working state.

My solution was the removal of BOTH of the ESD diodes from the outer buffer boards.

BOTH ESD diodes had a short circuit and both had to be removed for the TV to correctly display an image.

Comment

Working...
                                          X