Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 50P6

thanks Diah,

It appears that I will need to try source one at the right price, as the one's that I have seen over here in Australia, come in at a high price of $199, which for a "try part", is simply out of my league to resurrect a 2nd hand tv.

As a learning key for me, how is it finally determined by some people, when they post about vertical lines etc, they then say it has to be a "panel issue"?

If a panel can display all coloured lines across the display, to me, how does that indicate to some people that the panel is no good?

I guess all I can hope for is to find someone wrecking a whole tv that doesn't work to try extract a part, but then my fear is , that the part I purchase, may infact be damaged as well?
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

I hear you, I wouldn't even give half that for one, thought this was funny, check out the list of details, look at the one right under TV Energy Star Rating: https://www.winnings.com.au/p/hisens...ed-lcd-tv-50p6

Comment

Yes.....Cheap

Comment

Great thread to learn from!

I’ve been going through a few threads I feel will be beneficial to me to get the most out of as a complete beginner at this sort of thing. I do have a Telly I’m trying to repair just now and will start a thread of my own about it tomorrow when I have the back panel off to take photos as I see and read that’s the thing the people on here who are giving the solid advice ask for first and foremost.

I’m determined to be able to learn enough about the repair of old tellys to be able to make a side hustle from it. I’m sure there’s many more experienced people on here rolling their eyes at what I’ve said but god loves a trier apparently haha.

Some wonderful info on here and overwhelming/daunting acronyms as well!

Comment

Sure, there's always a market for used tvs, it's all about the pricing. Some of the shit tvs like those samsung NU we keep going over probably should not be resold for safety sake.

Comment

Ha I’ll bear that in mind Mr S!

Am I also right in thinking that a solid rule of thumb for ensuring a profit can be made on a tv is that if there’s screen damage it’s probably beyond economical repair?

Comment

Yes if the screen is cracked/broken, unless you are lucky enough to find a compatible screen from a donor tv, since new screens are like 80 % of the cost of a new tv.

Comment

Could my problem be something similar to this topic?
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=118339

Comment

Got a replacement remote, the right one for the telly EN2B27.

Not having much luck getting the tv to recognise that either.

The power button will not start it ala one press...have to hold the power button on the remote for about 15 seconds to kick it, but again it will not help, in that all we get are lines as per usual, no boot from usb stick

Same for turning it off, have to hold in power button again.

Weird in that the Logitech Harmony remote will turn it both on and off with one simple press of it's remote button though.

I dunno what to do anymore?????

Comment

I am hoping for a little more guidance please.

I have been very fortunate, in that another reader in Australia, contacted me about this matter.

He advised his parents had one of these, but the TV stopped working a couple of months ago. It would turn on, the Hisense logo would appear briefly and then the screen would go black.

He offered to remove the p/s mainboard and t-con, and to post them to me, to see if one of the parts could get my one going....what a great offer!!

I thought I would post here again, without going like a bull at a gate, and seek advice before I start.

Would anyone care to suggest in which order I should try the interchange of boards, so that I can minimise any possibility of damage along the way?

At present, all the tv will answer to from it's original remote (since purchased) is power on/off, no other buttons doing anything. More in a moment

To recap, this is all the tv shows, and swapping of cables from t-con achieves nothing.

Today, in playing around again, I noted that whilst the tv was in standby (red light on), that if I pressed the remotes NETFLIX button, all the lines changed to mainly red, the same colour you see when you fire up netflix,.the same button also shuts it down....weird I know, but a slightly different reaction than previously seen.

All assistance appreciated...just awaiting the boards arriving.....thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by viewerau; 05-03-2023, 11:30 PM. Reason: last bit

Comment

my post #21

start with replace MB.
                        yours AU readers TV seem have BL issue. so his MB will be fine

Comment

Thank you again Diah

Comment

the Hisense logo would appear briefly and then
                            a working panel to scrap?

the first post seems like a VGH/VON (brand dependent dubbing) issue. You can't just swap T-CON boards when ribbons match.

Comment

Sorry... I don't understand that

Comment

Well, the parts arrived from my donor tv

PS
                                Mainboard
                                T-Con

Disappointment prevails.

The steps I took.
                                1)
                                Removed the old mainboard
                                Refitted donor mainboard
                                RESULT
                                As before, backlights on, the usual vertical lines present across the screen

2)
                                Left donor mainboard in place
                                Removed old t-con board
                                Refitted donor t-con board
                                RESULT
                                Backlights on, no picture at all on screen, no lines

3)
                                I then tried via removing ribbons from the t-con, to see the results

a)Removed the ribbon from the t-con board only, that feeds the left of the screen, looking from the front
                                RESULT
                                As above, Backlights on, no picture at all on screen, no lines

b) I then reconnected that ribbon to the t-con board, and removed the ribbon that supplies the edge boards on the left side screen.
                                RESULT
                                As above, Backlights on, no picture at all on screen, no lines

4)
                                c)Reconnected things back up for the left side of screen, and removed the ribbon that connects to the t-con and supplies feed out from t-con to the right side of screen
                                RESULT
                                This put the lines up again, but the lines were on the left side, and backlights on

d) reconnected the ribbon that fixes to the t-con board, and removed the ribbon that leads to the right side edge boards
                                RESULT
                                Same as other..This put the lines up again, but the lines were on the left side, and backlights on

5)
                                I left the donor mainboard and donor t-con all connected as they should be.
                                I removed the older power supply, and installed the donor power supply board, and connected them all up
                                RESULT
                                As it always was...lines everywhere, just the same as when the old boards were all in place.

What now please?

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
                                  What now please?
                                  this is absolute different from yours Test you wrote to us at yours post #20

whats going wrong with yours work... you could damaged LVDS or ribbon cable pins.!!!!

Comment

Diah....I do not know what is going wrong, I am trying my best.

I tried to follow on with what you said at post #91, by doing the mainboard swap over.

If where I have done something wrong, I apologise, but I am still trying after many long days and nights of googling over many weeks to try to find someone with the same issues.

It gets so frustrating when some people say (not here, elsewhere in my searches) it is the p/s, the mainboard, the t-con, the panel, or whatever.

I can accept it if the panel is dead, but how do you determine it is dead, or what is the problem in the panel that makes it dead?

It would be nice to know, what is the fault and how they cause this sort of things.

Other places also tell me to try the tape method, however, on removing ribbons, I don't seem to get the tell tale signs of one side good and one bad either, so I then don't know what side to try some tape, and at what place on the ribbon cable, as my t-con doesn't seem to have the tell tale symbols of ck1-ck8 or JP1-8, like I should be able to find?

Sorry, but all I am doing is trying.

Comment

lets go back to first square start with my post #6 test.. do it again same way. amd tell if the result same as you posted before in yours post #20

Comment

Thanks Diah...I will have to do that tomorrow morning Australian time, as the set is out in my garage, and I need to do that in the daytime.

Thanks again for putting up with me

Comment

This test conducted with donor boards all in use.

I asked if the BL turn on after you unplug the LVDS between main boards and T-CON... if yes then do the test I mentioned...

Yes..the backlights turn on with the LVDS disconnected from T-con board

if yes then do the test i mentioned...
                                          feed the F1 on T-CON 12V from power boards while the LVDS always disconnected from T-CON side... tell us what do u have on screen

I ran a wire between 12v and the P

The screen remained black, no lines, nothing....torch revealed nothing.
                                          All that was noted was a small spark as the wire connected giving power to the t-con

Damage doing this
                                          The LVDS cable that secures to the T-con board, the little tabs you squeeze to remove the cable fell off, dunno how I get the cable out now....derrrrr.

I have attached a new set of pictures....

The start up now goes into these green lines that pulsate, fade away, and then return bright again.

A video of it

Some pictures of the green lines, back of panel, and showing backlights burning strongly.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X