Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 50P6

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
    This test conducted with donor boards all in use.
    The screen remained black, no lines, nothing....torch revealed nothing.
    All that was noted was a small spark as the wire connected giving power to the t-con
    Damage doing this
    the test when you did it with original T-CON and PSU you reported full bright white screen with out any lines . now its different. ( put back yours original T-CON & PSU and do the test again)we need to know there are no damage happened to the panel .
    the donor boards i do think now they related to other model or diffrent size which had different panel parameter. just in case compaire all lable of them

Damage doing this
    as i expected at my post#96 ... any damage to LVDS PINs or ribbon cable. or to the sockets which became not tight enough will cause huge damage beside the effect of line or color pattern on screen.

Comment

Thanks again.

I will give all that a go tomorrow morning.

Cheers
      Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Out of curiosity whilst conducting these tests, my head needs to know what it is, that causes these led panels to fail?

Are there common ongoing problems a panel can have, that are nothing to do with the usual external boards and ribbons that we can change and swap around?

What is the cause of panel failures, and how is it determined that it is a panel that is faulty ?

I have spent many hours googling about panel failure, but have so far, not been able to find site or link that discusses the reasons in any layman's terms.

Most just talk about bonding cof issues, and any repairs on these is beyond us without one of those bonding machines they show us.

I know that I am only a 1% novice, but it beats me as to why the panels have this sort of unrepairable or difficult to fix mechanism after all these years

I'd appreciate it if anyone can enlighten me on my questions, while in the morning I will try to return the Hisense back to it's old parts and continue to provide the feedback asked for.

Thanks

Comment

now days there are just 2 type of panels used on TVs. VA & IPS. and both type related on the way they aligned the crystal cells on the thin film layer.

the master roll to drive this crystal cells are COFs, and the COFs drived and controlled by panel buffer boards.. the fault at any parts of ceramic Caps on buffer boards will show result as you showed us at last state.. color line move up and down or left to right.. because the signal and currents disrupted. these fault will make COFs as blind cant control the vertical and horizontal job of the crystal cells.

at your case first thing we were thinking and it may too fault at buffer boards if the panel... but when you did the test and it showed full screen bright white color give us other theory that the signal from MB disrupted.

Comment

Thanks for the above information...helps me try to understand.

Back to problem solving.

I removed all the donor parts and reinstalled all the original parts.

I am hoping these photo's may help the diagnosis?

The first 3 photo's show the screen with all the lines at startup(tagged startup)...in this stage backlights are still on

Next with the tcon disconnected at LVDS (tagged blankscreen)...dull glow to screen, backlights on

Next set (tagged jumper) etc...same as above, lvds disconnected, backlights are on, and the jumper held between 12v rail on power supply, and other end to P as requested. As said previously, a little spark emits when touching the probe to either the left or right of P. Response was picture jumping into these blue colours.....nothing at any time could be detected with a torch.

Last one is the video by my wife as I have jumper in place.

Cheers
            Attached Files

Comment

Video did not attach...try again...nope..says invalid file (mp4)....I'll try another way

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmaToYrR3wFwgqhj...yvumA?e=YPYDj9

https://i.imgur.com/VGK8QBu.mp4
              Last edited by viewerau; 05-11-2023, 09:23 PM.

Comment

unfortunately you failed by beginner mistake how ever we told you the T-CON should be screwed to chassis & put the jumper in place of T-CON fuse then turn on... what you did just you turn it on and with shaking hand you touch the jumper to t-con. each spark you saw will raise currents toasting T-CON and over load COFs. so you have now absolute dead Panel with toasted one COF or more..
                BTW: if you are lucky.. you could have parts on the buffer boards fault.
                Last edited by Diah; 05-12-2023, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Diah....thanks for your reply

The tcon board has been screwed to the back of the tv during every test

Yes, I did misread and erred in not having the jumper in place without the power being off first.

My apology.

How can we be sure that the panel is toasted, as from my observations throughout all the processes, it still appears to be behaving no different than it always has?

Had the power been off to the tv as detailed, what were we expecting to see or otherwise determine what was going to be the next step? Were we looking for some specific reaction?

I try my best, and appreciate it that people are giving me their expertise free of charge and so forth, and for that I am greatful and humbled

Surely I can try the test again to see what eventuates, but knowing what reaction I should be looking for may help as I try my very best as an absolute beginner.

Thanks

EDIT
                  I just fired up the panel again after being out this afternoon

It still has exactly the same start up stipes, and with ldvs disconnected from tcon board, it still has backlights, as well as the picture showing black, with dull illumination.
                  Last edited by viewerau; 05-12-2023, 03:35 AM. Reason: last section

Comment

It still has exactly the same start up stipes, and with ldvs disconnected from tcon board, it still has backlights, as well as the picture showing black, with dull illumination.
                    yours TV T-con 12V feed come via LVDS. if you disconnect LVDS, mean T-CON & Panel out from system. so what you see its just reflection of the BL
                    this why when we disconnect LVDS we feed the T-CON with 12V tolet it work with panel as stand alone..

on yours Video.. T- CON try to play color pattern R-G-B-W-b, but all of are washed off and one bright dark line on the right side.
                    right now you don't need to try turn the TV on at all.. start with taking the LVDS and the both ribbon cable . photograph the end of them with yours mobile camera as focused close photo.. upload the photos to yours PC and enlarge them by zoom to inspect all pins if one are broken.../ broken mean it could be moved to side made contact to nearest pin or its shorter than other.
                    i faced this disrupted pattern with other TV platform. but it was with T_CON too and one of ribbon was the guilt. try this.

Comment

Thanks

I will do that,however the donor boards all came with the ribbons and connectors, and I have tried swapping those over already, thinking one may be faulty.

The swapping hasn't resulted in any changes to date, but I will do as directed.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

i had never replaced for test or repair any LVDS or Ribbon cable ONLY after inspect them before use... small issue can drive big on.

Comment

after you approved the LVDS and both ribbon are fine... do this test ( in order to know which half of screen are good )

1- disconnect LVDS from main boards side... fix your jumper 12 V to T-CON fuse ( use yours original T-CON )t
                          2- disconnect only one ribbon cable ( from T-CON side) of the half screen which it show at yours Video bright line
                          turn on the set and upload photo
                          if- its clear color pattern or one color ... turn off the TV wait little to discharge.. then reverse the ribbon ( connect the bad side and disconnect the good one ) Note : always disconnect ribbon from T-CON side then turn on and let see photo too

in case both side are not good displaying..... try do the test same way with yours donor T-CON.

Comment

Thanks Diah....

I think you have pinpointed me to a vital area, as I think, one set of ribbons between the tcon board and the edge board is damaged?

I do not have any different small cables from those donor boards for these little strips

Could this be the problem you have had me searching for?

Should I be searching for a place to buy a replacement strip?

Thank you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Blown up pins

This is what I am googling for
                              60 pin E248682 AWM 20941 105C 90V VW-1-F-

Is it a hook type , some say forward/reverse....I think mine is reverse(??) but mine has all the writing on the pin side, and the other side is black with blue hook top and tail

Confusing to a newbie
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by viewerau; 05-12-2023, 10:01 PM. Reason: pin info from strip

Comment

Blown up pins

This is what I am googling for
                                60 pin E248682 AWM 20941 105C 90V VW-1-F-

Is it a hook type , some say forward/reverse....I think mine is reverse(??) but mine has all the writing on the pin side, and the other side is black with blue hook top and tail

Confusing to a newbie
                                this one damaged. don't use it and don't use any at same fault shape in future

same as this & this

Comment

ribbon cable are straight pins 1-1 not reverse one and never being reverse same to LVDS

Comment

you have this one look in good shape... you can use it ( one ribbon only ) to do the test i wrote to you at post #112

Comment

Thank you.

I have not connected the ribbon cables back onto the t-con since making photos.

I do see lots of ribbon cables, but have not yet found any with the same markings or size after searching google for some time.

I will try keep looking so that I can replace them...wish me luck.

Comment

Better photo

Found this...cripes they are dear???
                                        https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35424522...Bk9SR9DMl8yCYg

Will try your test....... (you have this one look in good shape... you can use it ( one ribbon only ) to do the test i wrote to you at post #112)........ tomorrow
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by viewerau; 05-13-2023, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Better photo
                                          right now don't buy ribbon.. just do the test but be careful don't damaged the good one too....
                                          later if you are at the right way again... will tell you how we can fix ribbon ( ONE TIME TRY PLUG IN )

Comment

Working...
                                          X