Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VW42lHDTV10A no pix, no sound, won't turn off

0707 is probably the datecode.
    if it was the voltage, it would be directly behind the 1084, with a dash in between (like 1084-33 for 3.3V or 1084-18 for 1.8V)
    i bet is an adjustable version of the 1084 type regulator..

edit: ha!
    http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...GMT/G1084.html
    Last edited by Scenic; 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I just tested it with the power on and got 5.2 volts input with 2.7 volts output. So it could be adjusting the output voltage

Comment

Well I finally located the correct service manual for my Visio VX42LHDTV10A and I found another bad chip, the U6 chip (which is an AP1513 stepdown converter according to Digikey) On pin #2 I get 1.6 volts instead of the required 1.8 volts. I'm wondering if maybe one of the failing other "U" chips may have something to do with it. That all came right after I placed the order on Digikey so now I have to either find one locally or place another order. I did not trust the first manual anyway because it was not for this model.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk....dll?Selection

Comment

The number should be amc1117 (f0705j) under it. The number I gave was the part number on the faulty board and I couldn`t find it either.

I replaced it with one of these (amc1117)

I just replaced another on a soyo mainboard that would not power on.

Comment

Did the cpu fan come on but there was no post beep sound? I have a board that only booted when it felt like it, changed the capicitors and now it does not even finish booting (I wonder if it could be the cmos).

Comment

Originally posted by cadiman View Post
              The number should be amc1117 (f0705j) under it. The number I gave was the part number on the faulty board and I couldn`t find it either.

I replaced it with one of these (amc1117)

I just replaced another on a soyo mainboard that would not power on.
              If your referring to the U9 and U33 chips, I did get them ordered but the U6 chip is different.

Comment

i have the same problem...could you assist me with it?

Comment

could anyone tell me what the digi-key pt# for u9 is? its labeled k1117s15 with 734 under those numbers.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JBlazeRSP View Post
                    could anyone tell me what the digi-key pt# for u9 is? its labeled k1117s15 with 734 under those numbers.

thanks.
                    AP1117E15GDICT-ND

PlainBill
                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

On your Vizio VW42lHDTV10A where did you find it at ?
                      I have the same set as you but can't find the correct
                      service manual. I have been looking for three days
                      with no luck, can you point me in the right direction?
                      Thanks

Originally posted by dossman View Post
                      Well I finally located the correct service manual for my Visio VX42LHDTV10A and I found another bad chip, the U6 chip (which is an AP1513 stepdown converter according to Digikey) On pin #2 I get 1.6 volts instead of the required 1.8 volts. I'm wondering if maybe one of the failing other "U" chips may have something to do with it. That all came right after I placed the order on Digikey so now I have to either find one locally or place another order. I did not trust the first manual anyway because it was not for this model.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk....dll?Selection

Comment

Originally posted by questor42 View Post
                        I have been looking for three days
                        with no luck, can you point me in the right direction?
                        Use IE8 at

and click on the Get Manual button.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for the help it's the right one
                          but does not have the Main Board Circuit Diagram
                          It's Listed in the Appendix but the Appendix is missing from the manual.

I am a older disabled electronics tech
                          So I was trained to follow circuit diagram's with test points and following the circuit to find the problem, So I am going to have a problem fixing this thing.

Thanks again

Comment

I am fighting a similar issue with a VW32LHDTV10A, no pix, no sound, no backlight, front indicator turns white. Does any know where I can find schematics for this? I have found a service manual but no schemats. So far the unit will power on normally part of the time however I ran the tv for an extended period yesterday (about 6 hours) and it quit. I haven't tried to see if will power up again.

Comment

Do a search on this web site for VW32lHDTV10A or VX32lHDTV10A
                              or VW42lHDTV10A or VX42lHDTV10A
                              There is plenty of people with the very same problem, most of them have bad caps
                              on the power supply or main board.

Comment

You all solved my problem! See post #39 here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=13792&page=2

Comment

i have vizio vx42lhdtv10a

bought it other day for $5

tv powers on with backlight only....wont power off

no pic..no sound....nothing

voltages from ps all test good

researched and found out very common issue.(so common that they sell these on ebay specifically saying for vizio repair lol) ...and it could be a voltage regulator on main board U33...i checked voltages per youtube video and mine tests bad just as his did...so im hoping once replaced tv will be fixed

its under $1.00 for the part...

will update when i get part

Comment

Working...
                                  X