fore es-2810 PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fore es-2810 PSU

anyone happen to have any idea if a standard at PSU can be used in a fore Ethernet switch my psu bit the dust at least i hope it is the psu and I need to test it

Re: fore es-2810 PSU

if they use 12v, 5v, or 3.3v, then a computer psu will work just fine. You would just have to wire it all up and wire a switch to the power_on to a negative on the main 20/24pin connector for a switch.

Comment

You might have issues with not enough load to keep PSU on.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

not atx i actually mean AT as they are at connectors on the switch

Comment

Hmmm, you would have to check the pinout.

I have a old upgrading and repairing pc's 5th edition around here with the pinout for a at power supply's connectors.

Also, those older power supplies would usually fry themselves without a minimum load on each voltage.

Comment

ok guess i will start looking for a nerw switch

Comment

AT has:
              +12v = Yellow Wire
              +5v = Red Wires
              -5v = White Wire
              -12v = Blue Wire
              -- some also have [rare]
              +3.3v = Green Wire
              Do not use Orange wire for power. That one just tells a mobo that PSU is ready.

Most AT PSUs probably don't care about minimum loads like ATX units do.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Those with +3.3v will have three 6 pin main power connectors vice just the usual two.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
                  AT has:
                  +12v = Yellow Wire
                  +5v = Red Wires
                  -5v = White Wire
                  -12v = Blue Wire
                  -- some also have [rare]
                  +3.3v = Green Wire
                  Do not use Orange wire for power. That one just tells a mobo that PSU is ready.

Most AT PSUs probably don't care about minimum loads like ATX units do.
                  I think they care more about minimum loads. According to upgrading and repairing pc's 5th edition, almost all do need a minimum load, and only higher end astecs and pc power and coolings had a minimum load built into them for bench testing.

Comment

thanks guess i will hope for the best and try it weith an old at supply at least then i will know if it is the switch or the psu

Comment

well I finally got around to sesting the switch it is something in the switch i hooked up a normal at power supply if i hook up only half of the connector the fans turn on if i hook up the whole thing nothing comes on so i suppose the switch just crapped out

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
                        I think they care more about minimum loads. According to upgrading and repairing pc's 5th edition, almost all do need a minimum load, and only higher end astecs and pc power and coolings had a minimum load built into them for bench testing.
                        As I recall most AT PSU's will kick on with nothing connected at all.

-

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        -

Comment

All I know is that IBM would put little resistors in place of hard drives in thier early systems to put a minimum load on the psu. I've had countless deers and other gutless wonders as well as new antecs and a supermicro that have no problem running with nothing attached.

I fried a old lite-on AT psu because it had no minimum load and when I jumpered it it just ran for a second then *pop*.

Comment

Probably had a load resistor but not big enough.

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X