none OEM charger for iPad Pro 12.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none OEM charger for iPad Pro 12.9

Hi guys.I got myself iPad Pro 12.9 2015 but it came with none OEM charger and USB type A to lightning cable.
    May I use it to charge iPad without harm?

it wont harm your ipad, but be carefull what charger you use.
    ipad's can pull upto 2.5A
    now maybe the cable will restrict that to 1A - but if your not sure then dont try to use a low current phone charger

that "warp charge 30" is unknown to me - i wonder if they mean you can pull 6A for upto 30 seconds before it gets too hot?
    i wouldnt want to test that theory
    Last edited by stj; 12-15-2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I personally do not trust this type phone charger the quality to me is poor at best and I have seen several failure that I would be scared to use them for anything above 500 milliamperes might alright for this use

I also find that if use them above 500 milliamperes they run very warm for my comfort and the higher the amperage the warmer they get which is the troubling part for me
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-15-2023, 08:52 AM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        I personally do not trust this type phone charger the quality to me is poor at best and I have seen several failure that I would be scared to use them for anything above 500 milliamperes might alright for this use

I also find that if use them above 500 milliamperes they run very warm for my comfort and the higher the amperage the warmer they get which is the troubling part for me
        It's a One Plus Nord charger.

Comment

Originally posted by paparazzo79 View Post

It's a One Plus Nord charger.
          Dose that really matter if the charger is running really warm on 500 milliamperes in my book it is not a good quality charger in my personal opinion

I really do not care who made it
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Charging an iPad on 500mah going to take all day! I think the original chargers were like 3A. These days I have one charger Anker 737 120w and I charge everything on it. iPhone, iPad and a laptop at the same time.

Comment

But output is 5V and 2A.Where do you see 0.5 A?
              Besides for Li-ion batteries it is always better for health of a battery to charge it with low current.
              fast charging the phones with high current is not good for battery.

Comment

Dose that really matter if the charger is running really warm on 500 milliamperes in my book it is not a good quality charger in my personal opinion

I really do not care who made it
                Is not running warm at all.It's a 5V 2A charger and it charges 10k mAh battery all day long.

Comment

not quite so true for the iPhone. Got a new iPhone 15 plus. That thing charges super fast on the usb c cable without getting hot. Using an Anker QC3 charger. Wireless charging is cool, but wastes energy compared to plugging a cable in.

Comment

Working...
                  X