Need help on this lenovon Power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help on this lenovon Power supply

I found this site will this software work on my problem or is just a blunt to take your money they talk about reset password but about the name,

//www.pcunlock.com/m/out

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
      I found this site will this software work on my problem or is just a blunt to take your money they talk about reset password but about the name,

//www.pcunlock.com/m/out
      http://www.pcunlock.com/m/

Comment

If you have the original win 7 key on the computer maybe this will help,
        http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2225273

Comment

Originally posted by WoodButcher View Post
          If you have the original win 7 key on the computer maybe this will help,
          http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2225273
          ThanksWoodButcher: I've attached a pic of the stickers on the box ,is this the key for
          windows7?and can you lead me the way step by step.thanks in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Download the correct image from the site, burn it to a dvd, then boot the computer with it and when asked, enter the key in the sticker.

Comment

Be careful on posting that product key... someone else could use it to register a copy of Windows and then you might not be able to use it.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

As tom said, delete that image you posted. You got it, the product key, win 7 pro 64 is the download you want.
                As rogfan said download and burn to a DVD, (double layer DVD, I read somewhere) pop it in your machine and reboot. Win 7 should be able to recognize all your hardware but just in case after the reinstall I'd go to the device manager and check.

I have not had to use this yet so I really can't give you step by step. I'm absolutely certain the info is good as Jack would have taken it down pronto if it were bogus. Easiest thing for you would be to sign up over there and ask directly. I've been @ anand for a long time and have never gotten bad advice without someone jumping up and shouting real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodButcher View Post
                  As tom said, delete that image you posted. You got it, the product key, win 7 pro 64 is the download you want.
                  As rogfan said download and burn to a DVD, (double layer DVD, I read somewhere) pop it in your machine and reboot. Win 7 should be able to recognize all your hardware but just in case after the reinstall I'd go to the device manager and check.

I have not had to use this yet so I really can't give you step by step. I'm absolutely certain the info is good as Jack would have taken it down pronto if it were bogus. Easiest thing for you would be to sign up over there and ask directly. I've been @ anand for a long time and have never gotten bad advice without someone jumping up and shouting real quick.
                  Thanks guys how a go about deleting the images thanks in advance

Comment

Looks like you'll need to contact a moderator. Many forums have edit buttons in your own posts but here I don't see one.

Comment

Hi guys; i don't think that's that easy to activate the window key for what i read here!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...-this-computer

Comment

Hi guys; i don't think that's that easy to activate the window key for what i read here!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...-this-computer
                        Hi, I've forgotten that when you install for the first time out of the box you have to register the key on your PC than you have to give name e-mail address and so on.
                        now i have to give a different name different e-mail address, i don't think that they fall for it,sorry if i'm mistaken.

Comment

No you don´t need. One can, if one wants, but it is not necessary.

From your questions, I understand you are insecure, but not need to.
                          Use the linux cd. Reset the admin password on the machine to blank.
                          Then login in windows. If it is the orignal installation from Lenovo, it will probably have the Lenovo restoration software. With that you can restore the machine to factory settings, including the option to define name / owner, and be rid of software or files installed by the last owner.

Or you can just buy a retail cd of windows 7, which will come with a new key, and install .it

Comment

Thanks rofanther: i downloaded linux iso cd ,KNOPIX_v6.21cd-2010-01-31-EN.ISO to a blank cd and put it in the lonovo started up but it don't even see it i tryed other but it goes right to the Bios Utility Password and without the bios utitity password can't go in and reset all the needed changes due to blocage of the system due security. this security is so tight that if i don't have the bios utility password i will never get in the system.

Comment

[QUOTE=ivtec;264039]Thanks rofanther: i downloaded linux iso cd ,KNOPIX_v6.21cd-2010-01-31-EN.ISO to a blank cd and put it in the lonovo started up but it don't even see it i tryed other but it goes right to the Bios Utility Password and without the bios utitity password can't go in and reset all the needed changes due to blocage of the system due security. this security is so tight that if i don't have the bios utility password i will never get in the system.

you sad !Use the linux cd. Reset the admin password on the machine to blank.

Comment

It is not a common linux cd. Ubuntu or Knopix were suggested for *installation*, in case you didn´t want to use windows.

For resetting the password, you need the chntpw iso image ( see the start of the thread ). You can find it easily from google.

Also, you need to burn the iso to a blank cd as an image, not as a file. That is, if after you put the cd in the drive, in other machines, you will NOT see the .ISO file, but a bunch of other files that were contained in the .iso.

When you turn on the machine, doesn´t it show at the bottom of the screen the keys to use to enter bios or to change boot order ? Use that for changing boot order to ensure the machine is trying to boot from cd. It it doesn´t show which key, you can look at the manual in the Lenovo site.

Comment

Originally posted by rogfanther View Post
                                  It is not a common linux cd. Ubuntu or Knopix were suggested for *installation*, in case you didn´t want to use windows.

For resetting the password, you need the chntpw iso image ( see the start of the thread ). You can find it easily from google.

Also, you need to burn the iso to a blank cd as an image, not as a file. That is, if after you put the cd in the drive, in other machines, you will NOT see the .ISO file, but a bunch of other files that were contained in the .iso.

When you turn on the machine, doesn´t it show at the bottom of the screen the keys to use to enter bios or to change boot order ? Use that for changing boot order to ensure the machine is trying to boot from cd. It it doesn´t show which key, you can look at the manual in the Lenovo site.
                                  I don't think anything's gonna work for cracking password on bios utility
                                  read this and correct me if i'm wrong!thanks in advance.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/deta...cID=MIGR-59377

Comment

I don't think anything's gonna work for cracking password on bios utility
                                    read this and correct me if i'm wrong!thanks in advance.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/deta...cID=MIGR-59377
                                    Also this guy worked for IBM with Lenovo computers and;

I work for IBM Global Technology Services. They provide us with IBM/Lenovo laptops. Our security policy states we must have a power on password set in our bios. You can't get to the bios to change to boot to another device (USB) without first knowing the power on password. If you could get to the bios to change the boot order, you couldn't boot to any device without knowing the power on password. Our security policy also requires we have a hard drive password. This password is asked for at power up. If you don't know it, you can't get to the hard drive. That means that even if you could power it up, and boot it from USB, you couldn't mount the drive if you don't know the hard drive password. There is no way around this. I know this because when we return our old computers, and we forget to remove these hard drives, they call us to get them. If we don't remember them, the laptop and the hard drive are toast. Even as the company that manufactures the machine (back when IBM did that), we couldn't remove the power on or hard drive passwords. So, while your method will work on a machine not protected with a power on password or a hard drive password, it will NOT work on

Comment

What they say is reasonably true. Not all the truth, and not the true truth, but workable.
                                      But the bios password can be resetted / discovered, and also for the hard disk. Even easier if one just want to clean the hard disk and not need to save files from it.

Is the guy who "worked for Lenovo" the one who gave you the computer ? Then clearly ask him for the bios password, and explain that you could not change the boot order to boot from cd. Maybe he remembers the password.

If he doesn´t remember or doesn´t want to tell, post the pics of what appear immediately after you press F12 in that picture you posted in the beginning of the thread.

Comment

What they say is reasonably true. Not all the truth, and not the true truth, but workable.
                                        But the bios password can be resetted / discovered, and also for the hard disk. Even easier if one just want to clean the hard disk and not need to save files from it.

Is the guy who "worked for Lenovo" the one who gave you the computer ? Then clearly ask him for the bios password, and explain that you could not change the boot order to boot from cd. Maybe he remembers the password.

If he doesn´t remember or doesn´t want to tell, post the pics of what appear immediately after you press F12 in that picture you posted in the beginning of the thread.
                                        The guy that sais he works at IBM, i don't know him i just took that from a forum that i'm not a member of, just red that thread from googling about the matter,and i thought to bring it for the discussion don't have a clue if is true or not.

Comment

No you don´t need. One can, if one wants, but it is not necessary.

From your questions, I understand you are insecure, but not need to.
                                          Then login in windows. If it is the orignal installation from Lenovo, it will probably have the Lenovo restoration software. With that you can restore the machine to factory settings, including the option to define name / owner, and be rid of software or files installed by the last owner.

Or you can just buy a retail cd of windows 7, which will come with a new key, and install .it
                                          If you can get the passwords cracked that's great as it will insure you have all the drivers for your hardware but to re-install windows is no biggie. You have a legal key, I have many times needed to call Microsoft because of registration key failures. I'm unsure of the code written into the software, be it a counter of installs or hardware detection but I can tell you that after a phone call I have never been denied. Your email addy and personal info are moot. You were given this machine with a valid license key which is meant to be attached to the machine.
                                          At one time you would call and get a human but the last two times I was connected to a bot that gave me a new key to type in and was good to go. When doing this you will not have the MS police knocking at your door and to say the least even if there were such a thing, you're legal.

The only issue I see that may be a problem, or not, would be a bios password. If you need to change the boot order you must be able to enter the bios.

Comment

Working...
                                          X