Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schematics and Board file for a Macbook Pro Late 2013 - Water damage

Hello

does anyone have the schematics and board files for a Late 2013 Macbook Pro 13".
    It is a A1502 with 16gb of ram and an i5.

There is some corrosion around the battery charger circuit. The board does not turn on neither does the charger LED turn on.

Thanks
    Steve

Re: Schematics and Board file for a Macbook Pro Late 2013 - Water damage

Try identifying the board's part number as in 820-xxxx something maybe we can help you that way!

Comment

Should this be on the board?

Comment

Look here, might be suit for your board
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ighlight=apple

P.2 #26

Comment

Originally posted by on/off View Post
          Look here, might be suit for your board
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ighlight=apple

P.2 #26
          Thanks! But I am still not sure which board I have do you know how to find out?

A1502 820-3476-A seems to be correct. But I have a 16GB Ram Version and different CPU I wouldn't think they have different layouts for this... But maybe there are different board revisions? Anyway if anyone knows how to find out for sure would be nice.

But according to A1502 820-3476-A I am missing R7102 and C7150 from the board. There is not even any residue. It looks like there was something but those 2 are completely wiped off the board. Everything around U7100 was corroded - but that was the only spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ixcees View Post
            Thanks! But I am still not sure which board I have do you know how to find out?

A1502 820-3476-A seems to be correct. But I have a 16GB Ram Version and different CPU I wouldn't think they have different layouts for this... But maybe there are different board revisions? Anyway if anyone knows how to find out for sure would be nice.

But according to A1502 820-3476-A I am missing R7102 and C7150 from the board. There is not even any residue. It looks like there was something but those 2 are completely wiped off the board. Everything around U7100 was corroded - but that was the only spot.
            What type of water damage? Just plain water? Was the unit on when this happened?

Comment

Yes it was on. Yes plain water/tea (normal tea not ice tea).

Comment

Yes it was on. Yes plain water/tea (normal tea not ice tea).
                tea and water was any sugar or milk in it. Being on most like caused the problem. I would have to look up what tea does to solder joints and connectors. I know sugar causes many problems.

Comment

Well of course. But my main concern is if this is the correct board plan on so these 2 components are really missing. Or of i am simply looking at the wrong schematics.

Comment

Try look here:
                    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/Mac...oard/IF123-041
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ah thanks. So it is indeed the 820-3476-A I guess.

lets order some parts then. Meanwhile I found another bad looking capactitor will replace it right away.

Comment

Well of course. But my main concern is if this is the correct board plan on so these 2 components are really missing. Or of i am simply looking at the wrong schematics.
                        So this is the problem. The person who made the board, Apple, should be able to tell you. They are the manufacturer you are the buyer. You where considerate enough to buy their product. Now, you want to repair it. They want to make money off of your miss fortune even though it is there product. You have a interest in learning how to repair this machine after this misfortune for whatever reason you may have. Why is it you can not just pick up a phone and ask them for the board number and a way to get the correct schematics at a really cheap price or even free seeing how it is going on 4 years old.

Comment

Working...
                        X