No announcement yet.

Dell Latitude 5430, LA-L591P Computrace setting unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude 5430 ,LA-L591P can anyone check bios plz, and remove computrace
    Thx
    Attached Files

Comment

Symptoms:

power button lights comes on, charging light comes on white(charger plugged in), no display , no fan spin. after a while i have few white blinks (charging light) 4 times , and power lights goes off.

Please help - This is Dell Latitude 5430 Laptop . i5 16GB ram, STAG: FB1Z0T3

+ anyone can check my bios file dump and set it up to manufacture mode . no password in the dump.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for reply, need dump it. text you shortly
        Regards,
        Ruslan

Comment

this is 16MB IC - 25R128JV
          Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PycLaH View Post
            Symptoms:

power button lights comes on, charging light comes on white(charger plugged in), no display , no fan spin. after a while i have few white blinks (charging light) 4 times , and power lights goes off.

Please help - This is Dell Latitude 5430 Laptop . i5 16GB ram, STAG: FB1Z0T3

+ anyone can check my bios file dump and set it up to manufacture mode . no password in the dump.

Thanks
            I have exactly the same issue. It was working, I read the chip and solder back now it's not working. And the file is 16MB when I Archie it's only 67 KB.

can someone help?

Comment

yes, very similar issue.

Comment

this is 16MB IC - 25R128JV
                Thank you
                File corrupted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Please can you fix it ? bios 16MB file corrupted ? or smaller one ?
                  Could you send me clean files so i can restorer my laptop ?
                  please help help help

Comment

Please can you fix it ? bios 16MB file corrupted ? or smaller one ?
                    Could you send me clean files so i can restorer my laptop ?
                    please help help help
                    Why is the file you posted corrupted ? .What programmer are you using,and the software version.Are you using a clip or have you desoldered the chip. Are you using the programmers Auto-detect setting,and if so does the detected chip match with the chip part number.Is the chip in the support list.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

NeoProgrammer, Taking Chip of the board, autodetect + Match with the chip part number,. if u look inside the file its looks corrupted. and its not me who made this decision.see previous post
                      thx. and chip is in the list too.

Comment

NeoProgrammer, Taking Chip of the board, autodetect + Match with the chip part number,. if u look inside the file its looks corrupted. and its not me who made this decision.see previous post
                        thx. and chip is in the list too.
                        Latitude 5430

Service Tag: FB1Z0T3
                        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello all,

Managed to take out the bios chips and extracted the bins.
                          laptop / DELL LATITUDE 5430 /
                          motherboard / DHDB42 LA-L591P /
                          cpu / INTEL i7 12TH GEN /

service tag / #5TN3RV3-8FC8
                          spi chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8
                          winbond 25R128JVSN
                          and
                          winbond 25Q256JVEN

I need to remove the BIOS password and the computrace.
                          Can anyone help me pls?

Thank you.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Valentin Florin Benciu View Post
                            Hello all,

Managed to take out the bios chips and extracted the bins.
                            laptop / DELL LATITUDE 5430 /
                            motherboard / DHDB42 LA-L591P /
                            cpu / INTEL i7 12TH GEN /

service tag / #5TN3RV3-8FC8
                            spi chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8
                            winbond 25R128JVSN
                            and
                            winbond 25Q256JVEN

I need to remove the BIOS password and the computrace.
                            Can anyone help me pls?

Thank you.
                            try
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post

try
                              this covers both problems?
                              the UC6 bios chip doesn't need anything to update it?

Comment

Originally posted by Valentin Florin Benciu View Post

this covers both problems?
                                the UC6 bios chip doesn't need anything to update it?
                                Just UC2. Don't touch the other.

Comment

Hello, can someone help unlock this bios please?

Service tag: 3Y6GWT3
                                  HDB42 LA-L591P Rev: 1.0 (A00) 2022-01-13

Attached UC6 and UC2 dumps
                                  Thanks in advance!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jadao View Post
                                    Hello, can someone help unlock this bios please?

Service tag: 3Y6GWT3
                                    HDB42 LA-L591P Rev: 1.0 (A00) 2022-01-13

Attached UC6 and UC2 dumps
                                    Thanks in advance!
                                    KKK
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

KKK
                                      Works great thank you!
                                      I have a bunch of them with same password, is there a way to retreive the password or I need to do them one by one?
                                      Thanks agin

Comment

Originally posted by jadao View Post

Works great thank you!
                                        I have a bunch of them with same password, is there a way to retreive the password or I need to do them one by one?
                                        Thanks agin
                                        Take them one by one

Comment

Hi. I'm having problems unlocking the BIOS/Computrace for this particular model. I've successfully been able to unlock earlier models (e.g.: 5420, 5310, etc.). I've tried with more than 1 laptop of this model, and I'm having the same problem with all of them.

Information:
                                          • Model: Dell 5430
                                          • Board version: HDB42 LA-L591P Rev 1.0 (A00)
                                          • Service Tag: FVWGSQ3
                                          • UC2 and UC6 dumps attached

I'm using:
                                          • T48 TL866-3G Programmer with Xgpro v12.66. I tried with 2 programmers (same model), but got the same result.
                                          • WSON 8 POGO Probe for the UC2 Winbond 25Q256JVEN chip. Using W25Q256JW@WSON8 on Xgpro.
                                          • SOIC8 Clip for the UC6 Winbond 25R128JVSN chip. Using W25Q128JV@SOIC8 on Xgpro.

I'm not desoldering the chips, but reading/writing them on the board.

If I try to read the chip contents with the Lithium Ion battery/charger disconnected, but the CMOS battery connected, every reading of the chips has different hash/crc values. After I disconnected the CMOS battery, the readings always matched. This doesn't happen with other models.

On Xgpro If I try to read the UC2 chip contents with W25Q256FV@WSON8 or W25Q256JW@WSON8 the values returned are all 00 . With W25Q256JW@WSON8 it seems to be able to read the contents correctly.

The problem is that when I try to write a bin file to the UC2 or UC6 chips, it:
                                          • "Erases" the chip in half a second. This is too fast compared to other chips. It normally takes about a minute to erase a 32MB chip.
                                          • After the content is written to the chip, it fails on the verification. The time it takes to write the bin to the chip is the usual.
                                          • If I read the chip contents after writing to it, it has a different hash value than the file that was used for programming. I haven't actually compared the content. This is happening on both the UC2 and UC6 chips. The laptop does power on afterwards, but it's still locked.

Has any one been able to successfully program this model without desoldering the chip? It sounds like there's some sort of protection when the chip is on the board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UC2 Chip.png Views:	37 Size:	491.2 KB ID:	3292656
                                          UC2 Chip

Click image for larger version  Name:	UC6 Chip.png Views:	37 Size:	391.2 KB ID:	3292655
                                          UC6 Chip

Click image for larger version  Name:	Error programming.png Views:	32 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	3292664
                                          Error programming if "Verify after" option is selected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ok programming without verification.png Views:	70 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	3292653
                                          No error programming if "Verify after" option is not selected, but chip content hash/CRC doesn't match with original file.

Thanks!
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X