Re: panasonic toughbook CF-31 Bios Password

Originally posted by Reda123456 View Post
    Hello

who can unlock my laptop bios password
    Panasonic toughbook CF-31

This is my locked bios
    Try
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

thank you its working

Comment

Panasonic cf-31

Hi everyone,

I have a CF-31 with BIOS password.

I followed posts from forum and followed https://gist.github.com/en4rab/55088...f3039e3c8ab6fd as guide.

I downloaded both Universal BIOS backup toolkit and AMI BIOS flasher (AFUWINGUI.EXE) to obtain BIOS dumps. (Uni. Bios backup results in 8 mb file and the AMI BIOS flasher results 2mb file)

I used Amidecyrptor and AMIDSEDecyript with no luck, the python one gives gibberish decode as password and the AMIdecyrptor gives nothing at all.

When I open dump(s) with UEFI tool to manually decode, I cannot find "AMITSESetup". I cant see any NVAR entry.

I am lost

I need help Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Panasonic cf-31

Originally posted by wolf3d.exe View Post
          Hi everyone,

I have a CF-31 with BIOS password.

I followed posts from forum and followed https://gist.github.com/en4rab/55088...f3039e3c8ab6fd as guide.

I downloaded both Universal BIOS backup toolkit and AMI BIOS flasher (AFUWINGUI.EXE) to obtain BIOS dumps. (Uni. Bios backup results in 8 mb file and the AMI BIOS flasher results 2mb file)

I used Amidecyrptor and AMIDSEDecyript with no luck, the python one gives gibberish decode as password and the AMIdecyrptor gives nothing at all.

When I open dump(s) with UEFI tool to manually decode, I cannot find "AMITSESetup". I cant see any NVAR entry.

I am lost

I need help Thanks
          Use HxD hex editor,search for the text word AMITSE

Attached Files
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Use HxD hex editor,search for the text word AMITSE

I used .py code and replaced with BINARY data but instead of giving me a sequence it gives me a sha1 hash.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wolf3d.exe; 03-30-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the tip, need further help with ciphered password
              I must disappoint you - it won't be the easy way if that's what you think.
              From here on, you take the classic way - programmer, dump, edit the dump, reprogram the chip with the edited dump, and so on.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you for the tip, need further help with ciphered password
                It can`t be decoded,so the selected area wil need filling with zero`s ,there are 2 seperate areas that need filling.
                You might have a problem flashing the file back, if you can`t flash back with software then you will have to buy an SPI bios programmer.
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

It can`t be decoded,so the selected area wil need filling with zero`s ,there are 2 seperate areas that need filling.
                  You might have a problem flashing the file back, if you can`t flash back with software then you will have to buy an SPI bios programmer.
                  Following this
                  https://gist.github.com/en4rab/55088...f3039e3c8ab6fd

He can decode with ease, I am using what you are highlighted, which is

5B 61 B6 46 11 4D 6C 78 C7 BE 22 FD 7D FB D8 5A 33 34 8E AA E9 01 44 C5 9F FA FA E2 55 FF B0 CC 0B 71 66 50 C1 47 1C 1F 77 16 D2 A9 2D 3D 88 D0 E3 63 3E F7 99 8A F4 1D 4F B1 AA 44 05 D8 60 6B

Is there a way to get UEFI Tool NE alpha 51? I looked everywhere but no luck. Just to get the right data.
                  Last edited by wolf3d.exe; 03-30-2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

He can decode with ease...
                    The decryption algorithm is absolutely different for the Panasonic CF-U1.
                    The same approach cannot be used in your case.
                    I told you above what you should do, but of course you can continue to waste your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                      The decryption algorithm is absolutely different for the Panasonic CF-U1.
                      The same approach cannot be used in your case.
                      I told you above what you should do, but of course you can continue to waste your time.
                      The reason I am trying because I have seen people offering this service, they just ask for dumps (without taking the laptop apart) with software and they provide a password. They ask for complete model number and dump. That means there is a way.

Comment

The reason I am trying because I have seen people offering this service, they just ask for dumps (without taking the laptop apart) with software and they provide a password. They ask for complete model number and dump. That means there is a way.
                        There might be some who know what the newer algorithm is,personally i don`t. If you want to pay go and find a seller,if they can unlock the new algorithm.If you want it done cheaper then buy a programmer,post the full backup and someone here will help for free

Comment

There might be some who know what the newer algorithm is,personally i don`t. If you want to pay go and find a seller,if they can unlock the new algorithm.If you want it done cheaper then buy a programmer,post the full backup and someone here will help for free

Thank you, I am opening the laptop now. Will try to reach the BIOS chip

Comment

I finally reached the BIOS chip and took 3 dumps. In the past I cleared multiple passwords but for different laptops mostly hp and dells. Below is the BIN file for the BIOS, what are the steps to take to clear the passwords since I have multiple laptops?

Is it the same method as the poster explains (please see the attached picture)
                            Will I loose any DMI data?

I ask all these because, I don't want to put this laptop back and see something wrong and disassemble again...... I am sure you know what I mean
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by wolf3d.exe; 03-30-2023, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I finally reached the BIOS chip...
                              The full dump must be 16MB, yours is 8MB?
                              What is the chip markings?

Comment

Originally posted by vesko356 View Post
                                the full dump must be 16mb, yours is 8mb?
                                what is the chip markings?
                                mx25l6406e

Comment

mx25l6406e
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  all donations are welcome,
                                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                  >>>>>
                                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                    all donations are welcome,
                                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                    >>>>>
                                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

>
                                    Thank you for this, since I have multiple of this, could you explain how to remove the password? Thanks again.

Comment

I compared both dumps and noticed crypted password was removed, thank you for the help. It was very valuable. But considering the work I rather make a hole right under the keyboard to reach the BIOS chip

Comment

panasonic -cf-31 bios DFUP2424ZD CF-31MK5 HAVE PASSWORD

panasonic -cf-31 bios DFUP2424ZD CF-31MK5
                                        PLS UNLOCK BIOS
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X