Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need bios ACER NITRO AN515-54

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    You must post the laptop serial number - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

serial number :NHQ5EEF003923032BDC3400
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-16-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Re: need bios ACER NITRO AN515-54

Originally posted by justbotsa View Post
      serial number :nhq5eef003923032bdc3400
      here is the new bios extrected from acer support

dmi @ 370000-37069f
      Attached Files

Comment

please i need bios acer nitro7 AN 715-51
        code board EH5VF LA-H501P REV:1A

Comment

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54
        MD# N18C3
        Board # EH5VF-LA-H501P Rev1A.
        S/N NHQ59AA002014116513400.

Good day all, can someone help me in extracting the EC from the bios file attached? I did go through the BIOS Guide, but the first pad area as described in the guide, is only 8kb on this file. The ENE KB9022 chip is 128kb so im confused. The original ENE chip seem to have died after a PCH failure (dead short from PU1101 supply side on the PCH). The PCH had been replaced but laptop still remains dead. The ENE was also replaced but need the EC file to program it.
        Thanks in advance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shawnpsx323 View Post
          Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54
          MD# N18C3
          Board # EH5VF-LA-H501P Rev1A.
          S/N NHQ59AA002014116513400.

Good day all, can someone help me in extracting the EC from the bios file attached? I did go through the BIOS Guide, but the first pad area as described in the guide, is only 8kb on this file. The ENE KB9022 chip is 128kb so im confused. The original ENE chip seem to have died after a PCH failure (dead short from PU1101 supply side on the PCH). The PCH had been replaced but laptop still remains dead. The ENE was also replaced but need the EC file to program it.
          Thanks in advance.
          EC
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gcs_rma View Post

EC
            Thanking you very much 🤗

Comment

Hi. I have an Acer Nitro AN515-54, which when pressed on the power button sometimes it will switch on and sometimes it doesn't. I could also notice that when it is off, pressing any key on the keyboard will make the computer switch on for about 10 seconds and it goes off. Would someone be able to take a look at these dumps to check if there's anything wrong with it, as I haven't found anything wrong with the device, once it switches on it actually works with no issues at all. Many thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi. I'm very sorry for the lack of information and failure to obey the rules of the forum. Allow me to rephrase my last post.

Brand: Acer
              Model: Nitro AN515-54 series
              Model no.: N18C3
              Serial no.: NHQ59SA004917160C3400
              SNID: 91707118034

Motherboard Model No.: EH5VF LA-H510P
              Rev: 1.0

I received this machine a few days ago. After the diagnostic this is what I noticed:

1. - Pressing the power button the device lights up, no image, fan spins. After about 10 seconds the machine turns off.
              2. - Pressing again the power button will have no effect and the machine doesn't light up.
              3. - Pressing any other key on the keyboard will make the device light up, again no image, fan spins. After about 10 seconds the machine turns off.
              5. - Sometimes the machine turns on just fine, as if there were no issues.
              6. - Motherboard analysis did not reveal anything unusual. Seems to be the first time that the device is being repaired, although, one can only assume.

I've done all the tests needed to make sure all peripherals and other components were in good working order, once the machine booted. Being that the issue seems to be happening at random and that nothing else seems to be a problem I decided to create a few dumps of the Windbound SPI chip, considering it could be a problem related to the bios itself.

I would like to ask if anyone would have the availability to verify this dumps, and maybe point out if this is the right lead I should follow to solve this issue that the machine is displaying.

Hope that this post follows the propper conduct of the forum. Thank you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Umadbro View Post
                Hi. I'm very sorry for the lack of information and failure to obey the rules of the forum. Allow me to rephrase my last post.

Brand: Acer
                Model: Nitro AN515-54 series
                Model no.: N18C3
                Serial no.: NHQ59SA004917160C3400
                SNID: 91707118034

Motherboard Model No.: EH5VF LA-H510P
                Rev: 1.0

I received this machine a few days ago. After the diagnostic this is what I noticed:

1. - Pressing the power button the device lights up, no image, fan spins. After about 10 seconds the machine turns off.
                2. - Pressing again the power button will have no effect and the machine doesn't light up.
                3. - Pressing any other key on the keyboard will make the device light up, again no image, fan spins. After about 10 seconds the machine turns off.
                5. - Sometimes the machine turns on just fine, as if there were no issues.
                6. - Motherboard analysis did not reveal anything unusual. Seems to be the first time that the device is being repaired, although, one can only assume.

I've done all the tests needed to make sure all peripherals and other components were in good working order, once the machine booted. Being that the issue seems to be happening at random and that nothing else seems to be a problem I decided to create a few dumps of the Windbound SPI chip, considering it could be a problem related to the bios itself.

I would like to ask if anyone would have the availability to verify this dumps, and maybe point out if this is the right lead I should follow to solve this issue that the machine is displaying.

Hope that this post follows the propper conduct of the forum. Thank you.
                the laptop's bios is 16 MB, look for another bios chip on the card, make a copy of the content and write it with this..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

the laptop's bios is 16 MB, look for another bios chip on the card, make a copy of the content and write it with this..
                  Hi, and thank you for your support.

I have done as requested and backed up the SPI chip with the mark "XMCQH128AHIG". After that I wrote the dump you sent me, but unfortunately the machine wont light up when pressing the power button, Also, pressing space or any other key used to make so that the keyboard backlight lighten up and fan spun, but now it also doens't happen.

I am leaving the dumps made to this chip, in case you'd like to have a look at it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Umadbro View Post

Hi, and thank you for your support.

I have done as requested and backed up the SPI chip with the mark "XMCQH128AHIG". After that I wrote the dump you sent me, but unfortunately the machine wont light up when pressing the power button, Also, pressing space or any other key used to make so that the keyboard backlight lighten up and fan spun, but now it also doens't happen.

I am leaving the dumps made to this chip, in case you'd like to have a look at it.
                    this is the virgin bios from the Acer website for the laptop with the SNID you posted..either you wrote the bios with errors, or the problem is not the bios...try to write the bios chip again but remove the chip from card, if you don't have this possibility, stick wires between the programmer and the chip....
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

ACER NITRO5 AN515-54-54W2
                      S/N. SNNHQ5VAA001913127AD3400
                      SNID: 91307569334
                      M/B LA-H501P REV 1.0

Hi all.
                      trying to update bios on above laptop.
                      Ive downloaded the bios from acer and after extracting the exe file it with 7 zip ive got a bin file which is 17.795kb. my bios dump is 16.384kb.
                      Im struggling trying to edit the new one. Can someone please help
                      Just to add,Ive tried using the file posted by peste and I get the same result as Umadbro.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adamski1952 View Post
                        ACER NITRO5 AN515-54-54W2

M/B LA-H501P REV 1.0
                        Is it EH5VF LA-H501P

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes it is. Sorry I missed that bit.

Comment

Hello there, I messed up some settings from my bios and I ended up with the laptop bricked, this happened a few days ago. I tried with a clean bios from the Acer website but it didn't worked.

Model an515-54-57CR
                            SNID: NHQ59AL00R015014983400
                            snid: 01500527234
                            motherboard model: LA-H501P

I disabled both Dimm channels, so I don't know if that information could be useful, I most appreciate every help.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-04-2024, 10:11 AM. Reason: Added attachment from external link.

Comment

Hello, I need help to repair this Bios Dump, I replaced one of the mosfets that powers the CPU (it was shorted), now the 0,9v voltage is present (and all the others too) but I do not have an image, I have the doubt of the Corrupt bios,details below.Thanks in advance.

ACER NITRO AN515-54-50T7
                              S/N : NHQ59AL01A1151ADAC3400
                              SNID : 11510999634
                              PCB P/N LA-H501P Rev 1.A

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by exerion5000 View Post
                                Hello, I need help to repair this Bios Dump, I replaced one of the mosfets that powers the CPU (it was shorted), now the 0,9v voltage is present (and all the others too) but I do not have an image, I have the doubt of the Corrupt bios,details below.Thanks in advance.

ACER NITRO AN515-54-50T7
                                S/N : NHQ59AL01A1151ADAC3400
                                SNID : 11510999634
                                PCB P/N LA-H501P Rev 1.A
                                did you try post #2 ???

Comment

did you try post #2 ???
                                  Hello. Yes, I tried the EH50F133.rar file, same result, although I did not include the DMI data, is it necessary to do so? , Or maybe the CPU was damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by exerion5000 View Post

Hello. Yes, I tried the EH50F133.rar file, same result, although I did not include the DMI data, is it necessary to do so? , Or maybe the CPU was damaged.
                                    you don't need the DMI information to start... if you wrote the bios correctly it should work... or you have another problem..

Comment

you don't need the DMI information to start... if you wrote the bios correctly it should work... or you have another problem..

Surely this happened, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, I had also flashed the VGA Bios (UV49) with the dump provided by another user without results, although the CPU maintains the voltage of 0.9v, perhaps it was damaged when the short circuit occurred in the mosfet, makes an attempt to start (consumption sequence after turning on) but finally remains at 1.17amp, no HDMI or LVDS signal. Again, thank you very much.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl835856.png
Views:	64
Size:	359 Bytes
ID:	3248555

Comment

Working...
                                      X