HP x360 14m-ba013dx bios bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP x360 14m-ba013dx bios bin

Hi gooday i have a HP x360 14m-ba013dx and the board number is 16872-1 448.0C204.0011 i have provided an original backup below. I get no display with high fan speed after a few seconds.Hoping it's a bios issue. thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: HP x360 14m-ba013dx bios bin

Originally posted by platinumsteel View Post
    Hi gooday i have a HP x360 14m-ba013dx and the board number is 16872-1 448.0C204.0011 i have provided an original backup below. I get no display with high fan speed after a few seconds.Hoping it's a bios issue. thanks for your help.
    Old bios cleared ME.

Bios download from HP home page :

Attached Files
    Last edited by hoaca388; 02-12-2022, 08:37 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by platinumsteel View Post
      Go to the HP support site and enter the serial number on the case to search for driver and bios updates.Download the bios update executable - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp133...0/sp133137.exe .Run sp133137.exe ,you`ll see a quick message about extracting an "insyde" bios. If you get a warning message about installing an insyde driver you can choose not to install it,it will pop up about 3 times.After the final warning a screen pops up with 3 options.Update,Make a recovery USB or copy. Choose the copy option and select a folder to save to. The bios is extracted to the folder you chose,there are 2 different ones,as the updater supports more than one machine.Open your bios backup with a Hex Editor and use the text search function to look for 083 ,you will see bios you need is 0830F .Next look for the laptop model number, the DMI (serial number,feature byte,win key) is all in one block.Open the 0830F virgin bios and scroll down to 220000 you will see that area starts with 00`s (not FF`s) ,go back to your backup and select the offsets in the picture, copy and paste insert into the virgin bios using the same offsets and save.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-12-2022, 09:34 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks a lot SMDFlea for teaching me how to fish.lol I did exactly as you mentioned and was able to use the Bios from HP Website and also add in my offsets and stuff..The bios is 100% working.Only thing it seems like i had another issue.I will only get it to boot up to bios if i apply some heat around the BIOS and KBC area. under the bios on other side of board is the memory controller. So i'll post in other section My issue.But hoaca388 thx for the clean Me Region clean.I assume it will be working as well.

Comment

good afternoon friend SMDFlea excellent contribution you have taught me something valuable, a query that way of cleaning ME is the same for other bios that is to say other brands of laptop? or only apply for HP

Thanks in advance

Comment

thanks bro for the stuff

Comment

Working...
            X