HP 850 G3 BIOS dump, view ACPI tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 850 G3 BIOS dump, view ACPI tables?

I have a 16MB data dump from a desoldered corporate HP Elitebook 850 G3 main BIOS chip, taken using a CH341a programmer. This dump contains a password I have no access to.

I have a fresh BIOS chip, loaded with a clean BIOS for the matching product ID and motherboard number.

I'd like to find and save any SLIC &/or MSDM, ACPI tables contained in the dump from the desoldered chip so that I can if necessary, modify the fresh BIOS chip's contents to preserve the machine's existing Windows 11 installation's licensing/activation etc.

Searching the dump using just a plain hex editor, I can't locate anything that shows where these tables are stored.

I did see MSDM and SLIC tables using acpidump on the running machine before desoldering, just, no idea where the info resides inside the chip dump.

What tools would I be best using for this?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-10-2022, 01:46 AM. Reason: 850 G3

Re: HP 850 G3 BIOS dump, view ACPI tables?

hello Maybe someone can help me. I have a hp 850 g3 and I made a mistake while reading the bios file. I did not save the scanned file in the trash. And then I deleted it. Now I try many bin files and none of them work. When I turn on the headset spins loudly and the screen is black.
    how can i restore the bios file? Thank you
    Last edited by zyze; 02-16-2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X