• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoaca388
    replied
    Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by va.vladimir View Post
    This is the 11th generation, these programs will not unlock it, I tried it. That's why I asked for help. The password has been removed, thank you! But now there is a new problem when loading and displays the message with hp endpoint security problem
    Post your request on the correct topic with serial number and 2 Bios + Ec files.

Originally posted by KillerDAN View Post
    Finally managed to get the CH341 programmer, read the BIOS twice compared OK used HPUnlocker, wrote the BIOS back and this is when things start to get messy...

What am I doing wrong ?

Can someone please provide me with a clean HP 640 G4 Bios ?
    Use RC Unlocker
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-29-2023, 01:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KillerDAN
    replied

Finally managed to get the CH341 programmer, read the BIOS twice compared OK used HPUnlocker, wrote the BIOS back and this is when things start to get messy...
    Comparing _unlocked.bin with BIOS there are differences:
    Code:
    01B01CA2: FF 01
    01B01CA3: FF 00
    01B01CA4: FF 00
    01B01CA5: FF 00

Comparing original BIOS with _unlocked:

01B01C9A: 02 00
    01B01CA2: 01 FF
    01B01CA3: 00 FF
    01B01CA4: 00 FF
    01B01CA5: 00 FF
    01B01CAA: 64 00
    01B01CAC: 65 00
    01B01CAE: 66 00
    01B01CB0: 61 00
    01B01CB2: 75 00
    01B01CB4: 6C 00
    01B01CB6: 74 00
    01B01CB8: 75 00
    01B01CBA: 73 00
    01B01CBC: 65 00
    01B01CBE: 72 00
    01B01CC0: 30 00
    01B01CD6: 01 00
    01B01CDA: 09 00
    01B01CDB: 04 00
    01B01CDC: 02 00
    01B01CDE: 53 00
    01B01CE0: 2D 00
    01B01CE2: 31 00
    01B01CE4: 2D 00
    01B01CE6: 35 00
    01B01CE8: 2D 00
    01B01CEA: 32 00
    01B01CEC: 31 00
    01B01CEE: 2D 00
    01B01CF0: 31 00
    01B01CF2: 35 00
    01B01CF4: 30 00
    01B01CF6: 39 00
    01B01CF8: 36 00
    01B01CFA: 36 00
    Booted and still BIOS password locked 8\

So why, and how, did those 4 byes reverted back ?
    What am I doing wrong ?

Can someone please provide me with a clean HP 640 G4 Bios ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-29-2023, 01:23 AM. Reason: Add original locked BIOS Backup

Leave a comment:

• va.vladimir
    replied

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    In future you must try the available software unlocking tools yourself before asking for help - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

This is the 11th generation, these programs will not unlock it, I tried it. That's why I asked for help. The password has been removed, thank you! But now there is a new problem when loading and displays the message with hp endpoint security problem

Leave a comment:

• SMDFlea
    replied

Thank you very much!!!
    In future you must try the available software unlocking tools yourself before asking for help - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Leave a comment:

• va.vladimir
    replied

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    DDDDDDDd
    Thank you very much!!!

Leave a comment:

• hoaca388
    replied

I have HP Elitebook 440 G8, locked BIOS. Help me please
    DDDDDDDd
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bravetech
    replied

hello, firstly i appreciate your effort on developing this tool but the tool has stopped working i downloaded it yesterday to unlock a dump after that it stopped working, i thought it was from my OS i reinstall a OS same thing.it keep showing application error and other apps is installing on my pc except the RCUNLOCKER, please any solution to this problem thanks in anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• va.vladimir
    replied

I'm sorry HP ProBook 440
    g8

Leave a comment:

• va.vladimir
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KillerDAN
    replied

Well found myself doing poor life choices and getting a BIOS locked HP 640 G4... because I currently do not have and EEPROM reader/ programmer (already ordered one) and find myself terrified for unsoldering it, and I have electronics background still, tried killing of time and managed to extract the EEPROM with a tool found on Major Geeks, BIOS Backup ToolKit V2.0 to "fool around" with RCUnlocker.
    Well RCUnlocker seems to work the file fine, in the end the splash screen display correctly the information for the machine.
    Went comparing the two files and seem legit, the original one after defaultuser 0 has a string S-1-5-21-150966 1523-1617159028-940737068-1001.
    Apologies in advance if being too ignorant, mas can this string be "reversed" to find the password and/ or, If I could read it... can't I write ? I do have admin privileges on current running OS still if all the HP tools refuse do delete/ change the password.
    Would be definitely more easy, and safe, to go popping up the IC.

Leave a comment:

• peste
    replied

Originally posted by domoco View Post
    Hello, I have a Dragonfly G2 model & would like to reset the BIOS Administrator Password. 32Mb EC chip dumped.

Can you help me to unlock the file, thank you!
    use RCUnlocker ...read the first post..

Leave a comment:

• hoaca388
    replied

Originally posted by domoco View Post
    Hello, I have a Dragonfly G2 model & would like to reset the BIOS Administrator Password. 32Mb EC chip dumped.

Unlocked
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• domoco
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ademerlac
    replied

Works perfectly!!!
    my bad!!!

Great tool, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• RethoricalCheese
    replied

You are not dropping your bios dump (.bin) file on the program (.exe file)

Leave a comment:

• Ademerlac
    replied

Hi,

I downloaded RCUnlocker, unfortunately I always get info "Missing file destination argument" I put directly on C:, but no help.
    Please tell me what Im doing wrong!

Leave a comment:

• tioigor96
    replied

Originally posted by peste View Post
    post the original bios..
    Sorry for my late reply, i've lost your answer.

Attached the original bios. I've tryed the bios alredy unlocked in 8470p thread, but with UEFI enabled there are some problems during power on and power off the OS (seems stuck, but the OS not reporting any error).

This machine has dual graphics, one HD7470 and the i7 integrated one.

Thx in advantage
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stefan0
    replied

Originally posted by kudo623 View Post
    RC:
    Regarding ZBook 14 G7 and G8 where both BIOS chips are 32MB
    Do you have any guidance on how to clear the PW?
    There doesn't seem to be any unlocker tool or any documentation
    on how to Edit or clear the BIOS PW on these machines?
    It appears that there are two methods used on this site to "skin the cat":
    1. Using both BIOS 32MB dumps
    2. Using just the Main 32MB Bios Dump where you don't have to remove the entire board which saves time.
    Do you recommend #1 or #2?
    Thanks!
    I have unlocked this model once, and what worked for me is that I concentrate on the chip with the info on it. for this I downloaded the bios .exe from the hp website and cleaned the Me section of the original bumped .bin and at the end merged the same image back to both 32MB chip. The let the system deal with it. You need to be very patient with this task. After you put everything together and turn on the laptop, it will not turn on immediately.

For this, it will take some time while everything gets updated. The laptop could turn off and on about 3 or 4 times. Making you think that something went wrong. But just hang tight, as after some time you will see the screen letting you know not to turn off the system while everything gets updated.

On the other hand, would come in handy if Cheese could make us a small utility to extract the info from the chip, such as: Product Name, S/N, SKU #, Build ID, Feature Byte, System Board CT Number, MAC Address, etc.

Leave a comment:

• RethoricalCheese
    replied

I still have not seen so new machines but I would say option 3. Modify 32MB EC bios, not main.

Leave a comment:

• kudo623
    replied

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    With 32MB, it just does nothing. You would need to read, modify and write 16MB instead.

And Serial number and such are stored on 32MB differently than on 16MB. Kinda forgot to include info reading from 16MB chip. Got to find some time to make an upgraded version

The error you get on unlocking older models like 8470p just gives an error from trying to display machine information. It will modify and make an unlocked file before it gets to that error so it's okay to ignore it.

Tested this software on hundreds of machines before releasing but it still wasn't enough But looks like there's just 2 main problems and one was made to stop people from modifying wrong bios chips on newer HP models.
    RC:
    Regarding ZBook 14 G7 and G8 where both BIOS chips are 32MB
    Do you have any guidance on how to clear the PW?
    There doesn't seem to be any unlocker tool or any documentation
    on how to Edit or clear the BIOS PW on these machines?
    It appears that there are two methods used on this site to "skin the cat":
    1. Using both BIOS 32MB dumps
    2. Using just the Main 32MB Bios Dump where you don't have to remove the entire board which saves time.
    Do you recommend #1 or #2?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X