Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP 9470m: Product Information not valid> System is locked asks for BIOS password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 9470m: Product Information not valid> System is locked asks for BIOS password

Hellow guys. I suprised myself with a new used laptop for working, Core i5-3427u cpu version and my problem is the laptop has a BIOS password. Is it possible to remove it if i remove the bios chip and upload the saved bios file?Am really appreciate any help. I just on the start of the way to learning these things

Re: Hp Elitebook Folio 9470m

Originally posted by Daudi83 View Post
    Hellow guys. I suprised myself with a new used laptop for working, Core i5-3427u cpu version and my problem is the laptop has a BIOS password. Is it possible to remove it if i remove the bios chip and upload the saved bios file?Am really appreciate any help. I just on the start of the way to learning these things
    Try this file
    Attached Files

Comment

Hp 9470m Folio bios password

Hello,
      A Hp 9470m folio laptop came for repair. But BIOS has password. Is it possible to remove it ? I'm attaching the bios file. Thank you for your help...
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Hp 9470m Folio bios password

Originally posted by recep1982 View Post
        Hello,
        A Hp 9470m folio laptop came for repair. But BIOS has password. Is it possible to remove it ? I'm attaching the bios file. Thank you for your help...
        Try this
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Hp Elitebook Folio 9470m

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
          Try this file
          Hello! i've tried to upload bin with CH341A and soic8 clip, but he give me this error "Main Chip with the contents are in disagrement" but i could erase and write file, now bios is write but computer won't start.
          Help me please

Comment

Password remover. 6050A2569401-MB-A02

Hello,
            Can anyone removes the password from the attached bin?
            Thank you in advance.

HP EliteBook Folio 9470m 6050A2569401-MB-A02
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Password remover. 6050A2569401-MB-A02

try/..
              Attached Files
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thank you, works ....
                Which prog you use? LBE ?

Comment

Originally posted by quic307 View Post
                  Thank you, works ....
                  Which prog you use? LBE ?
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=hpunlocker
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

HP 9470m: Product Information not valid&gt; System is locked asks for BIOS password

Dear all,
                    I am opening a separate thread to know how can I troubleshoot my situation.
                    Configuration:
                    HP 9470M with i5-3427U, motherboard is 6050A2514101-MB-A02 with Spare Part Number 702849-601.
                    BIOS chip is Winbond 25Q128FVSG.
                    What happened:
                    The laptop was fully working is now locked.
                    Basically after I've switched temporarily to my old SSD for backing up windows, an error appeared:
                    Product Information not valid
                    and after that BIOS asks for manufacturer Password (I guess because I did not set any pw and the username is blacked out)
                    No error code is provided, just "Authentication Failed" and "system is locked" after trying various passwords.
                    I've tried various passwords found online, but none worked.
                    Luckily I have all the product information missing (as I was planning to sell it and I took as much pics as I could, also those from BIOS system information).

What I did:
                    - bought another motherboard, 702849-001 exactly the same as mine but without a Win 8 Pro license, and I have already mounted it
                    - bought an eeprom programmer https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07SNTL5V6/ to dump the locked BIOS, hope it's the right one (I will try with the clip, won't and can't use soldering)

My questions:
                    - even if I've never set any Admin PW, hence the one asked should be a maintenance pw, can I unlock BIOS with HPUnlocker utility + BIOS dump ?
                    - As currently I can't use HP DMI Tool (can't boot from any device), is there a way to put the missing product information directly on the BIOS dump?
                    - If I cannot put them directly on the BIOS dump, will HP DMI Tool work once bios is unlocked? I didn't understand if my model is supported
                    - In the worst case scenario, Can the BIOS dump of the new motherboard be used on the locked mb ? (same model, only W8 license is missing)
                    - Once unlocked, I would like to build a desktop with this spare motherboard. Do you know if I can use any screen with the same 40pin connector? or if there's a way to use the external screen as primary display.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long thread
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-01-2021, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Re: HP 9470m: Product Information not valid&gt; System is locked asks for BIOS password

Post your bios backup here in a zip or rar
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: HP 9470m: Product Information not valid&gt; System is locked asks for BIOS password

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Thanks.
                        As soon as I receive the EEPROM programmer I'll dump the BIOS and share it on here

Comment

Do you still get the error messages when you put your old drive back in .
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Do you still get the error messages when you put your old drive back in .
                            short answer: yes
                            what I did, listed chronologically:
                            - removed my user from BIOS (on my old SSD I had a Microsoft account, I could log in with my fingerprint too in BIOS)
                            - checked that BIOS had no other password set
                            - removed the SSD with old windows installation
                            - mounted an mSata SSD and installed Win 10, without connecting it to any Microsoft account, just local account.
                            - after a while, I wanted to make a full windows backup from my old SSD, through windows so I disconnected the mSATA ssd and connected the old SSD
                            - as soon as I booted up I had that error "product information not valid" and BIOS pw with user blacked out.
                            - I tried any possible combination: without any ssd, with old ssd, with msata ssd, disconnected battery and cmos battery for some hours, contacted HP support that made me try a reset. Nothin worked so far.
                            - Bought a new motherboard and mounted it, luckily everything is working, but I still would like to recover the original locked motherboard and bring it to new life

Comment

ok. programmer received.
                              I used ASProgrammer and selected W25Q128FV among 3 options.
                              Did the reading twice (placing the clip 2 times) and I had the same result as output. Uploading both of the dumps
                              EDIT: they're different. Trying once again
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-03-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Try this bios. You will have to add your DMI info yourself

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1553966860

Attached Files
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-03-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Many thanks.
                                  How do I know if bios was readed properly and if it will write properly. Seems like I can't get 2 equal dumps
                                  even reading two times without moving the clip at all, i get 2 files with hex differences :|
                                  Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-03-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

You can attach the charger and try it but the most reliable way is desoldering the chip and use an adapter .

Comment

this bin you attached is based on my dump?
                                      You can attach the charger and try it but the most reliable way is desoldering the chip and use an adapter .
                                      yep. Will do a couple of other tries to see if I can get 2 equal dumps

Comment

Originally posted by qrwvsofnbvsidof View Post
                                        this bin you attached is based on my dump?

yep. Will do a couple of other tries to see if I can get 2 equal dumps
                                        Switched to NeoProgrammer and finally got 2 identical dumps (that have no differences with the 1st one I dumped. Also CRC32 is the same.

Attaching the dump done with NeoProgrammer
                                        Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-03-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X