• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teto8485 View Post
    sn/ 012308791653
    Send to you, try
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, I can't believe I'm back after all these years (long story). But anyway. I'm also now in need of a Surface Pro 5 BIOS Password to be removed. I've tried it unsucessfully myself a few times, so hopefully someone with a bit more BIOS Modding experience can help. The device in question is a Surface Pro 5 1807 (LTE Variant), with the Motherboard 1011229-019 Rev 4.3 and Serial No 024774482153.
      Attached Files
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
        Well, I can't believe I'm back after all these years (long story). But anyway. I'm also now in need of a Surface Pro 5 BIOS Password to be removed. I've tried it unsucessfully myself a few times, so hopefully someone with a bit more BIOS Modding experience can help. The device in question is a Surface Pro 5 1807 (LTE Variant), with the Motherboard 1011229-019 Rev 4.3 and Serial No 024774482153.
        Send to you
        Attached Files

Comment

Works perfect. Thanks heaps!!😁
          I have a job lot of these which all had faulty SSD chips, so now to take care of that problem, but they also may or may not have BIOS passwords. In case I run into this issue again, I would be interested to know exactly what edits you make to the bin file to clear the password. I'm assuming it's done in a Hex editor like HxD, but I couldn't figure it out. I did find a few references to the System Password, but modifying those just caused it to power up for about 2 seconds and shut off.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

OK. Interesting. The only differences that HxD Found were in 00606680x02 and 0061D540x02. In the original file, Both Values are 3F, while in the Unlocked one, both are 3C. Is that really all there is to it? Or am I (and HxD) missing something?

Comment

• Vesko356
            Vesko356 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
            Is that really all there is to it?
            Yes, that's it.

Hi all, i have Surface Pro 5 Wi-fi with password lock bios. Is it possible to put the data of my bios like serial in an already unlocked working bios? Or i have to dump my bios and post it?
          Or is it possible to flash a working bios from another machine with different serial?
          Sorry, but i'm new to the forum :-)

Thank's

Click image for larger version

Name:	bios.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	3202774

Comment

• Vesko356
            Vesko356 commented
            Editing a comment
            RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
            • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
            • Name your thread with make, full model numbers and request
              Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
            • Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites

Sorry!
          I have Surface Pro 5 1796 (i5/8gb/256/Wi-fi) with password lock bios.
          Serial is 040306174953.
          Is it possible to flash a working bios from another machine with different serial?
          Now i don't ave dump of the original bios.

Thank's

Comment

Originally posted by Lucanoamaro View Post
            Sorry!
            I have Surface Pro 5 1796 (i5/8gb/256/Wi-fi) with password lock bios.
            Serial is 040306174953.
            Is it possible to flash a working bios from another machine with different serial?
            Now i don't ave dump of the original bios.

Thank's
            it would be good to post the original bios, and someone would help you..
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Please remove UEFI password.
              Surface Pro 5 1796 (i5/8gb/256/Wi-fi)
              Serial is 040306174953

Thank's
              Attached Files

Comment

Please remove UEFI password.
                Surface Pro 5 1796 (i5/8gb/256/Wi-fi)
                Serial is 040306174953

Thank's
                try..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

My programmer is KO. I bought a new one. When it arrives I'll try.

Comment

Sorry for the wait, but bios don't work. Only windows logo ad power off.

Comment

Sorry for the wait, but bios don't work. Only windows logo ad power off.
                      remove the bios chip from the board when you read or write it,. put back the bios with the password and see what happens.... if it works, try again with the new one..

Comment

All. OK!!! I had to desolder and re-solder the chip by adding solder on the motherboard.
                        Many thanks ;-)

Comment

Good afternoon, I have a surface pro 1796. The logo appears 2 seconds and turns off. Can you help me?. Attached original bios

SN 028432283053
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pic16f84a View Post
                            Good afternoon, I have a surface pro 1796. The logo appears 2 seconds and turns off. Can you help me?. Attached original bios

SN 028432283053
                            Hi can you solve the problem .I have similar problem too?

Comment

Originally posted by pic16f84a View Post

SN 028432283053
                              Send to you, try and feedback !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sebkarimpour@gmail.com View Post

Hi can you solve the problem .I have similar problem too?
                                Write serial your device and uploald your bios to here !!

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Write serial your device and uploald your bios to here !!
                                  hi again
                                  Sn:
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Send to you, try and feedback !
                                    effectively... it's working!!. Thank you very much for your contribution 😉

Comment

Working...
                                    X