X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need UEFI Password Removed from my Surface Pro 5 BIOS DUMP

Originally posted by peste View Post
    try...
    thanks, sadly, looks like this unit has other hardware issues, after flashing i get no post, flashed back the original (which i have done before) and its not booting, something must be out of place on the board. I will give the other one a go myself and see how I go. back to the project shelf with them for a bit.

Comment

try...
      Got the urge to dig deeper, found the bios ic had a dry joint on one pin, laptop boots to windows logo with red bar at top, no padlock(secure boot turned off,
      i can enter the bios and boot of a sergei USB but the SSD does not show at all in the boot menu or in windows setup,

is this related to the bios mod or hardware?

Comment

a1796 Surface Pro 5 Lock Help Please

please help to unlock surface pro 5

attach file

thanks

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] Use the search engine before posting!!!
        Read the rules!
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
        You MUST post under a related thread if it exists!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Vesko356; 05-15-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Re: a1796 Surface Pro 5 Lock Help Please

Originally posted by interpc View Post
          please help to unlock surface pro 5

attach file

thanks

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] Use the search engine before posting!!!
          Read the rules!
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
          You MUST post under a related thread if it exists!
          try...
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: a1796 Surface Pro 5 Lock Help Please

try...
            perfect thanks

Comment

Re: microsoft surface pro 5

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
              try this.. and goodluck
              How to use this file to unlock UEFI in Surface Pro 5 ?

Comment

Re: microsoft surface pro 5

Originally posted by Techminator View Post
                How to use this file to unlock UEFI in Surface Pro 5 ?
                you need an SPI programmer...
                post here the original bios of the laptop...
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hey guys,

Need to check if original dump for bios is corrupted or not (there is no bios region when using uefi tool)
                  In addition, what seems to me the updated uefi driver (cfr attached uefi file) is also missing bios region and the size is different.

Can someone check that please and instrcut me what should I change to remove uefi password before writing the chip?

Surface Pro 5 model 1796
                  Kind regards,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by river11091982 View Post
                    Hey guys,

Need to check if original dump for bios is corrupted or not (there is no bios region when using uefi tool)
                    In addition, what seems to me the updated uefi driver (cfr attached uefi file) is also missing bios region and the size is different.

Can someone check that please and instrcut me what should I change to remove uefi password before writing the chip?

Surface Pro 5 model 1796
                    Kind regards,
                    none of the posted bios are ok.. which programmer do you use?? enter the 16MB bios posted by you and the bios from post #164 into the HxD program and make a comparison..

Comment

Well,
                      I use CH341A, Neoprogrammer and Asprogrammer in the same time, the issue is that the clip is not very stable so the connection with the chip Winbond 25Q128JV is random ie the detection is very hard so I am suspecting that is the main issue.

Is it feasible for a non pro to dismount the chip from the board and mounted again without hazards or should I buy another clip?

Comment

Hi, can someone help me, this is my original bios from surface pro 5, i only need password remove, please help me
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by boreau View Post
                          Hi, can someone help me, this is my original bios from surface pro 5, i only need password remove, please help me
                          >
                          Attached Files
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                            >
                            Ty i gonna try

Comment

>
                              Not working, no boot, only windows logo white and turn off inmediatly,

Comment

Originally posted by boreau View Post
                                Not working, no boot, only windows logo white and turn off inmediatly,
                                The file posted by Vesko356 works perfectly, double check the burning process.
                                Try!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by partner View Post
                                  The file posted by Vesko356 works perfectly, double check the burning process.
                                  Try!
                                  Ty so much special to Vesko356 Bios is working perfect, you save my week, thanks!!!

Comment

hi @All

please help me unlock this Surface Pro

i attached Locked Dump
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by abumu3ed View Post
                                      hi @All

please help me unlock this Surface Pro

i attached Locked Dump
                                      >
                                      Attached Files
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

>
                                        thank you

Comment

Originally posted by abumu3ed View Post
                                          thank you
                                          update, the tab only shows boot logo then off

Comment

Working...
                                          X