• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Oh sorry - its a T470.

Comment

Hello. Can someone help me? I have a password on a Lenovo e31-80 laptop. The program indicated here just does not work for me. I have already done a few bios in the autopatcher program and it was without problems. mi a new .bin file.
      I just need to generate a reworked bin file from the attached file, I'll handle the rest.
      Thank you in advance.
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

@robkom
        Your laptop is a Lenovo, but not a ThinkPad, that is the reason why the AutoPatcher does not work.

password = P4SS8105
        --------
        P - PAPA ( UPPERCASE )
        4 - 4 ( digit )
        S - SIERRA ( UPPERCASE )
        S - SIERRA ( UPPERCASE )
        8 - 8 ( digit )
        1 - 1 ( digit )
        0 - zero ( digit )
        5 - 5 ( digit )
        --------

Comment

Yes, that's right.
          Thank you

Comment

Hey y'all!

I think I bricked my T470 (20HD)

When I turn in on, the power-button lights up green for a split-second, the keyboard backlight also turns on briefly and the fan spins up a bit

Though, for this to happen, priorly I need to unplug all attached batteries and press the power button for about 30 seconds.

After the first attempt of booting it up after having unplugged the battery and pressed on the button for about 30 seconds, the attempts after those, I just hear a really silent buzzing sound for about 4 seconds.

Is this board yet to be saved?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hey there,

first of all thank you guys from this community for doing all this work and finding / making these soloutions!

I've been given an Lenove X1 Carbon Gen2 (20A7/20A8) that has the supervisor password and power on password enabled. I've tried my luck using the description from the og post but can't seem to get it to work in the final steps. Here is what I've done so far:
              1. Remove all Batteries (CMOS and regular Battery)
              2. Created two Backup Dumps and verified they're the same
              3. Created the Patched BIOS with the script
              4. Flashed the BIOS to the Chip
              5. Went through the Steps (Except I had to type in password 1234 instead of any character)
              6. Flashed the Backup BIOS dump back to the Chip

After flashing the backup back to the chip nothing has changed, I'm still required to enter a Password and can't even access the bios. Could anyone here give me a hint what I'm doing wrong or could help me unlock the BIOS / Computer?

Comment

Originally posted by namw View Post
                Hey y'all!

I think I bricked my T470 (20HD)

When I turn in on, the power-button lights up green for a split-second, the keyboard backlight also turns on briefly and the fan spins up a bit

Though, for this to happen, priorly I need to unplug all attached batteries and press the power button for about 30 seconds.

After the first attempt of booting it up after having unplugged the battery and pressed on the button for about 30 seconds, the attempts after those, I just hear a really silent buzzing sound for about 4 seconds.

Is this board yet to be saved?

Thanks in advance!
                Try
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                  I managed to solve my E14, send me your dump and i will show you what i managed to do in mine.
                  hi i attached my bios file can u unlock it

Comment

Originally posted by x1carbon View Post
                    Hey there,

first of all thank you guys from this community for doing all this work and finding / making these soloutions!

I've been given an Lenove X1 Carbon Gen2 (20A7/20A8) that has the supervisor password and power on password enabled. I've tried my luck using the description from the og post but can't seem to get it to work in the final steps. Here is what I've done so far:
                    1. Remove all Batteries (CMOS and regular Battery)
                    2. Created two Backup Dumps and verified they're the same
                    3. Created the Patched BIOS with the script
                    4. Flashed the BIOS to the Chip
                    5. Went through the Steps (Except I had to type in password 1234 instead of any character)
                    6. Flashed the Backup BIOS dump back to the Chip

After flashing the backup back to the chip nothing has changed, I'm still required to enter a Password and can't even access the bios. Could anyone here give me a hint what I'm doing wrong or could help me unlock the BIOS / Computer?
                    I have attached both the original and the patched bin files here now

Comment

Hi, Thinkpad T460 here.

I didn't start to dump my BIOS chip yet (mxic mx25l12873f, SOP8 factor) to recover my supervisor pwd.
                      I've read all 100 pages of this thread.

The question is what programmer should I buy:
                      - TL866II Plus (~80 USD here)
                      - or CH341A (needs to be welded to mod 3.3V, problems with read/write using clips) ~10 USD here.

The budget is not the problem, but the guy from the shop told me that TL866II Plus using clips (I'm not a technical guy to unsolder/solder the chip) - could interact somehow with other chips on the MB (if I'm not mistaken, he mentioned EC or something like that), and that could cause some problems, which ch341a does not cause (due to it's primitiveness).

They guy's shop promotes itself as professional, with thorough testing of programmers coming to them from China before selling them to customers like me, having 100% rating on the local kind of eBay in our country.

Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do...
                      TL866II Plus now seems not as preferrable option, but others cost x2 more!
                      Or do not support mx25l12873f chip.
                      Or primitive CH341A which itself needs to be welded to mod it for 3.3V...

Does TL866II Plus really interacts with anything except BIOS (potentially causing problems) if you use it even reading x3-x5 times with the clips?

Or I could still consider it as a preferrable option to read with clips (without solder/unsolder chip), with precautions (reading x3-x5 times the dump, comparing read dumps and using some good software)?

Comment

Can anyone help me in this bios for lenovo k20-80 with bios chip w25q64fv. The bios cant detect hdd and usb drive in bios setting. thanks in advance

Comment

thanks, good job

Comment

Hi everyone could anyone help me remove the password from the bios, please? thank you very much

Comment

Tested on T570, working like a charm

Comment

Hello Guys.

I just tested patcher on lock X240, but it refuse to boot with five beeps. Do you have any ideas? I check some of tutorials about checksums, but cannot understand 100% because the structrue of UEFI is different from examples of tutorial.

Attachment is original bios dump with CH341a

Comment

Originally posted by thslr2020 View Post
                                  Hello Guys.

I just tested patcher on lock X240, but it refuse to boot with five beeps. Do you have any ideas? I check some of tutorials about checksums, but cannot understand 100% because the structrue of UEFI is different from examples of tutorial.

Attachment is original bios dump with CH341a
                                  Solved with remove CMOS battery → Wait 1 minute → revert and boot

Comment

Not my case unfortunately.. I have a Lenovo T440 whatever I do the SU pwd stays..
                                    I have tried patching methods and also prepateched bins no good
                                    Here is dump of bios chip and MEC if any could help

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                                      Not my case unfortunately.. I have a Lenovo T440 whatever I do the SU pwd stays..
                                      I have tried patching methods and also prepateched bins no good
                                      Here is dump of bios chip and MEC if any could help
                                      Lenovo T440

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                        Lenovo T440
                                        Unfortunately the psw stays as I have stated clearly I've already tried the patching method, I get the BEEPs, I follow the steps but then when I turn it off and rewrite old bin the SU pass is there to greet lol

Comment

Hello guys,

Could you help me, please?
                                          I have a Lenovo T480. I read the bios, then generated the patched file with the autopatcher. Then I flashed the chipset (without unsoldering it).
                                          When I turned the T480 back on, I got a beep melody. Now, no sign of life. It doesn't turn on anymore. No beep.
                                          Could you please tell me what I should do? Are my files corrupted?

Thank you very much for your help.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                                          X