BIOS Password for HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please i need help to reset bios password for my hp elitebook 1040 g1, I have tried removing BIOS/CMOS battery directly from the motherboard but still didn't work. please i will be so delighted if i can get help here.

Re: reset bios password for my hp elitebook 1040 g1

Post your bios backup .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

here it is try and post results
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can anyone help get or reset BIOS Password for HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1?

Thanks

Comment

Re: BIOS Password for HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1

Post your old dump here

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have run the BIOS update program and selected the option to Create Recovery USB Flash Drive, and copied the bin file from there, is that the right way to get the dump?
            Attached Files

Comment

Try and give feedback
              Attached Files

Comment

No, it is not. Use a bios programming tool.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                  Try and give feedback
                  Hi,I tried this, it is still asking for BIOS password when I try to enter BIOS.
                  Thanks

Comment

Sorry , try like RethoricalCheese ask for

Comment

Do you have any recommendations for the BIOS programming tool, will something like this work? https://flashrom.org/Flashrom

Thanks

Comment

Flashrom is just a software. You need a programmer for that.

Comment

I see, I dont have any hardware programming tool or anything, I guess will just have to leave it as it is.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem with my "new" bought HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1. Everything works fine with a new SSD, you can change boot order by F9 but when pressing F10 during the boot process the machine wants to have a BIOS PW. I bought the PC from private contact but the BIOS PW is inknown. The former user doesn't even know that there's a PW installed. I've been in contact with HP for a SMC-file but the support war aborted due to data protection issues. I also tried many manuals I found on google searches (unplug CMOS battery, several HP programm, etc.) but without success. My last hope is this forum respectively this thread but unfortunately I don't understand those three comments. I don't know how to pick the bios backup and I don't know what to do with the rar-file. Is there anybody out there who can help after all this time?!? Thanks and BR
                            danigge

Comment

Originally posted by danigge View Post
                              Hello, I have the same problem with my "new" bought HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1. Everything works fine with a new SSD, you can change boot order by F9 but when pressing F10 during the boot process the machine wants to have a BIOS PW. I bought the PC from private contact but the BIOS PW is inknown. The former user doesn't even know that there's a PW installed. I've been in contact with HP for a SMC-file but the support war aborted due to data protection issues. I also tried many manuals I found on google searches (unplug CMOS battery, several HP programm, etc.) but without success. My last hope is this forum respectively this thread but unfortunately I don't understand those three comments. I don't know how to pick the bios backup and I don't know what to do with the rar-file. Is there anybody out there who can help after all this time?!? Thanks and BR
                              danigge
                              you need an SPI programmer with which you read the bios from the bios chip post the bios here someone will help you delete the password and then rewrite the bios chip with the new bios..you have a video here..you can find more details on the internet ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thank You for Your answer and the YouTube-link. I‘m afraid I understand what to do, but I‘m really scared of doing it. I ordered a programmer but I took one with a clamp. I hope this works without any soldering. On the other hand I recognized that there‘re two BIOS chips on the board. Am I right that it‘s mandatory to backup both? Furthermore I found a program called „HPunlocker“ or so. Do You recommend to use it? Best Regards, Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by danigge View Post
                                  Thank You for Your answer and the YouTube-link. I‘m afraid I understand what to do, but I‘m really scared of doing it. I ordered a programmer but I took one with a clamp. I hope this works without any soldering. On the other hand I recognized that there‘re two BIOS chips on the board. Am I right that it‘s mandatory to backup both? Furthermore I found a program called „HPunlocker“ or so. Do You recommend to use it? Best Regards, Daniel
                                  to delete the password you only need the 16MB bios..Don't forget to make a backup of the bios before writing the bios chip..better post the copy here, and someone will help you ..
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Need Help HP 1040 G1 Bios Password

Hi Can any one please help me out to remove the password for Hp 1040 G1
                                    there are 2 bios chip this is the first chip Bios 1
                                    file size 16MB

Thank you in Advance
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need Help HP 1040 G1 Bios Password

Originally posted by myjunaid View Post
                                      Hi Can any one please help me out to remove the password for Hp 1040 G1
                                      there are 2 bios chip this is the first chip Bios 1
                                      file size 16MB

Thank you in Advance
                                      try..
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need Help HP 1040 G1 Bios Password

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                        X