Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Probook 4540s - BIOS

Hi friends i have this original proobook dump bios
    I tryed the uma version bios after removed the big coil on motherboard but still full fan spin..
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bokeboke View Post
      Hi friends i have this original proobook dump bios
      I tryed the uma version bios after removed the big coil on motherboard but still full fan spin..
      try...
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks PESTE It worked.. one more thing if I try to use amd graphic does this dump still works?
        THANK YOU GuYS

Comment

Originally posted by bokeboke View Post
          Thanks PESTE It worked.. one more thing if I try to use amd graphic does this dump still works?
          THANK YOU GuYS
          I don't know .. try ...
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hi, my first (second) post here.

I have two similar HP ProBook 4540s-es with Radeon HD graphics on board, one had a dead bios chip. I managed to revive it by dumping an image from the working one with UsbAsp, flashing it to the clean flash chip, and replacing it on the dead one.

Now the problem that I cannot resolve, is how to replace UUID, SKU and CSN with the proper ones.
            I have replaced the relevant numbers with those proper to the case (UUID left intact), flashed the image, soldered the chip back in place, but the laptop would just blink the power button, as if BIOS is wrong.
            I replaced the old ones with FFFFs and the laptop does boot.
            Also,where can I find an UUID for it, I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the case.

Dump with cleaned password and serials attached.

Before you ask me - yes, I have tried NbDmiFit in various uses, but I cannot get MPM unlocked.
            I.e. uefimpmunlock.efi method with various versions gives me some MEFirmware error.

FSMC.bin -> SMC.bin method just lights up the CapsLock lighgt and does not unlock MPM.

So, the most sure method would be to replace the serials directly in the binary or , probably, have the MPM bit set to 1 therein, but I could not find any MPM-related stuff in the dump except for the counter and as specified above, the direct replacement of serial to something different to FFFF makes the system unbootable.

Please provide an advice, method or modify my firmware to make it MPM unlocked.

Thank you.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kraze; 07-23-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Post the file before you correct the information to FF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

I posted above, as requested (sorry for bump).

Comment

Originally posted by kraze View Post
                    I posted above, as requested (sorry for bump).
                    Try
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thank you, will try.

Comment

Yes, it boots to BIOS now. Also modified the UUID which also works.

Comment

Re: HP Probook 4540s working BIOS

Originally posted by subroto View Post
                          Happy new year friends....
                          This is working BIOS for HP Probook 4540s UMA version.
                          clean bios. Thank you.

Comment

does anyone having Discrete Bios dump for this motherboard. someone worked before on this mb has removed the bios chip.

Comment

Originally posted by raajkumar View Post
                              does anyone having Discrete Bios dump for this motherboard. someone worked before on this mb has removed the bios chip.
                              post your original bios..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                post your original bios..
                                don't have old bios. i installed a new bios chip. old chip not found on this board.

Comment

Re: HP Probook 4540s roadrunner 1.1 12260-1 BIOS Please

Originally posted by lakmal478 View Post
                                  Try this , works for me
                                  Thanks to you boss

Comment

thanks

Comment

HP ProBook 4540s - Corrupted BIOS

Hello everyone,
                                      I need help with my HP ProBook 4540s BIOS. For some time I have a problem with the BIOS of my HP ProBook 4540s laptop: once or twice a year the laptop does not boot (black screen, fan spins, Caps Lock blinks continuously.) Each time this happens, after several restarts I manage to enter either into the BIOS or in Windows and then I'm able to update (flash) the BIOS by using the 'HP BIOS Update and Recovery' utility.
                                      Half a year ago, the CMOS battery died, and after I replaced it, the laptop no longer wants to start (with and without the battery): black screen and the fan spins at boot (Caps Lock no longer blinks.)
                                      I ordered a BIOS chip (Winbond 25Q64FVSIG) from eBay with pre-installed BIOS for my laptop model as I suspect my BIOS chip itself is deteriorated over time and no longer holds the memory well. Then the nearby computer service soldered the new chip onto the motherboard but with no luck: still the same behavior on startup. I suspect the BIOS on the new chip is not right for my laptop.
                                      So I think to flash the original BIOS to the new chip that is soldered to the motherboard, but I suspect that the original BIOS image is corrupted. That's why I attached it along with the specs of the laptop and I'm asking whoever is able and willing to look at it and fix it if possible. Thanks in advance to everyone who responds to my request!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP ProBook 4540s - Corrupted BIOS

Originally posted by ivastchip View Post
                                        Hello everyone,
                                        I need help with my HP ProBook 4540s BIOS...
                                        try this..
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Vesko356; 05-10-2023, 02:28 AM. Reason: Removed full OP quote.

Comment

Re: HP ProBook 4540s - Corrupted BIOS

Thank you very much for the quick response!
                                          I will try this image later on today or tomorrow and I'll let you know of the results.

Comment

Working...
                                          X