Macbook A1278 EMC 2555 board 661-6158 Bios wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook A1278 EMC 2555 board 661-6158 Bios wanted

Hi i have a EFI firmware locked macbook 2011. Does anyone have a clean firmware for this mac or can remove pw? Attatched is my old bios.
    Attached Files

Re: Macbook A1278 EMC 2555 board 661-6158 Bios wanted

Apple Part Number:
    661-6158
    Manufacturer Part Number:
    820-??????????????????

Comment

here you go

i removed a password form your file (i hope)
      flash and test
      also you should be able to reset nvram (security)

Resetting NVRAM

Shut down your Mac.
      Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
      Turn on your Mac.
      Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
      Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
      Release the keys.
      test and report back

also i think you will need to reinstall cos this clears efi password not os password but you will now be able to boot install cd or usb
      Attached Files
      Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thank you. That file worked for me. I dont know board number. But its a i5 2011 board if that will help anyone else?

Comment

Hi I have a Question:
          I have a couple (Macbook Pro's, Air's and Retina's) all with (EFI firmware locks)
          I'm pretty good with component level repairs and programming etc... I generally use a
          (MiniPro TL866 Programmer) to program the EFI bios chips and I have a question in regards to editing a locked EFI Chip on the mac's

After desoldering a Macbook Bios chip placing it in the (MiniPro) reading
          the chip then opening the Bin File with a Hex-Editor is there a way to delete the Serial Number from the file Bin file so that I could use that same Bin file on multiple MacBooks of the same model ?

For instance when I ordered a EFI Bios chip from China all I had to do was solder it to the
          macbook book and i booted without having any (Serial Number) imbedded..

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated

Here is a Picture as to what section of the Bin i'm referring to:
          Attached Files

Comment

Need Help for A1466 Apple MacBook Air 13" i7 1.7G EMC 2632 MID 2013

I need the original bin file for A1466 Apple MacBook Air 13" i7 1.7G EMC 2632 MID 2013 because when i tryed a bin file(for A1466 Apple MacBook Air 13" i5 1.3G EMC 2632 MID 2013) from my friend and it works but i have a problem with the trackpad and the keyboard they working in boot menu but not working after system start up

Please Help Me thank you

Comment

seiiif reset nvram or reset SMC

and you're up to go !

Comment

Re: Need Help for A1466 Apple MacBook Air 13" i7 1.7G EMC 2632 MID 2013

Hwllo Friend Same Problem Here , Did You get the bios ? can you share it please

Comment

Working...
                X