Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hp pavilion dv6-2007so should i replace bios chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp pavilion dv6-2007so should i replace bios chip? (Solved)

solved
    Looks like 2 blinks on dv6-2007so was bios problem afterall, tried reflow like 5x with no luck and then finally flashed bios with some dump i found on elvikom and flashed with programmer,

Booted finally and now only asking system information.. too bad i got rid of nearly all stickers cause of reflowing.. only have pcid , serial number and p/n number left to use in hp dmi tools, anyway to bypass rest?

uploaded working bios file here if someone needed, its for this board atleast:

DAUT1AMB6EO REV:E

thx all for helping
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Hp pavilion dv6-2007so should i replace bios chip?

no error anymore after i used dmi tools.. could leave guid and ct number blank and filled everything else

Comment

Could you explain please what is the different of Dump Bios and Exe file.I never went to chip level I change the board

thank you

Comment

I can help you with private messages.

I seem like an total idiot in this thread anyway
          Should of just flashed with programmer in the first place

Comment

Goodguy91 if you want to explain on my private email here.If posible even how to do it .
            jcredeemer18@gmail.com
            thank you

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a similar problem; had an issue with GPU chip and actually replaced whole motherboard on dv6. Now, original model was dv6-1265sg, I have put the motherboard from dv6-2115so. The motherboard had ripped off BIOS battery casing, so I have soldered another one, but still did not put the BIOS battery.
              After starting the laptop, I got black screen and blinks 2-2-2-2 etc, corrupted BIOS. I have no idea how this happened or if it worked on previous laptop because I bought the board online. Seller, ofcourse, says it worked.
              Now, I have tried hard reset, many win+b options, usb recovery drive, no success.
              I am wondering, is it possible that I corrupted the chip with soldering iron...but all I did was soldering battery case.
              Anyway, I have two spare boards, so I'm thinking, would it be safe that I take BIOS chip from one of them and simply replace the (obviously) faulty one on this board? I'm not sure because boards have different marks - faulty one is DAUT1AMB6E0 REV.E (dv6 2000 series) and the spare ones are DAUT1AMB6D0 REV (dv6 1000 series).
              Also, I need help to identify the BIOS chip on board..

So - please help!

Comment

Hi,

goodguy91 - When you flashed the BIOS chip, did you de-solder it first, or program it in place on the board?

Side note - Also please don't take things offline/to private message, a forum is meant to be for sharing information, not keeping it secret. You are providing others with only partial information at this point but have the opportunity to enlighten other with your tried and tested methods and experiences.

Comment

I've the same laptop, quite dead, suddenly.
                  No fan spin, no led on, excluding power led which goes on only for two seconds. battery isn't charged. Nothing becomes hot on the board
                  Mb is a quanta ut12 (DAUT1ANB6EO)
                  I've tried with another charged battery, without success.
                  Whai can I do? What can I test ? I've schematic of the mainboard
                  Regards
                  Donald

Comment

Originally posted by Hardisk View Post
                    I've the same laptop, quite dead, suddenly.
                    No fan spin, no led on, excluding power led which goes on only for two seconds. battery isn't charged. Nothing becomes hot on the board
                    Mb is a quanta ut12 (DAUT1ANB6EO)
                    I've tried with another charged battery, without success.
                    Whai can I do? What can I test ? I've schematic of the mainboard
                    Regards
                    Donald
                    Reflash Bios

Comment

I'll try
                      Thank you

Comment

Acer Aspire 5749 Bios Bin File Need ... i shall be very thankfull to you

Comment

here is
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks alot Ridamouh159

Comment

Acer aspire 5749
                              mb model is hannstar j mv-4
                              94v-0
                              da0zrlmb6d0
                              rev
                              actually first problem was bios password and after programming this 4mb bios the display is gone and i also try the previous saved bios which is password bios but then also no display i dont program ec 64kb bios is that necessary to program this bios also ... Plz guide me if u got it ...thx

Comment

Acer aspire 5749
                                EVERY THING IS BATTERY IS CHARGING BUT THERE IS NO DISPLAY PLZ HELP
                                Last edited by nimmay; 06-27-2016, 12:06 PM. Reason: FINE WORD IS MISING

Comment

Acer aspire 5749
                                  every thing is working fine battery is also charging but there is no display plz help

Comment

Hi
                                    I've tried to reflash bios throughby a memory stick, but , switching on the laptop, keeping pressed win+B , the only result is the following:

Only a blink of memory pen led , then ...anything dead

Comment

hello
                                      i have it this model Hp dv6 2015sv(daut1amb6e0 rev e mobo)
                                      blink 2 times(num lock),reed has problem bios chip
                                      change the bios chip,with brand new and now Nothing has changed!
                                      blink again 2 times..please help!

Comment

anyone;;?

Comment

Originally posted by coolerman View Post
                                          hello
                                          i have it this model Hp dv6 2015sv(daut1amb6e0 rev e mobo)
                                          blink 2 times(num lock),reed has problem bios chip
                                          change the bios chip,with brand new and now Nothing has changed!
                                          blink again 2 times..please help!
                                          you bought the BIOS? from where?
                                          you need to download the file from HP website and write in to the CHIP

HP website got the BIOS for your model.
                                          Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Working...
                                          X