Lenovo Thinkpad T495 AMD bios password locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad T495 AMD bios password locked

Hello, i need help for unlocking this Thinkpad T495 SN; PF-1YX1VY try autopatch but it's stay black screen,
    Attached Files

Originally posted by lashamafia View Post
    Hello, i need help for unlocking this Thinkpad T495 SN; PF-1YX1VY try autopatch but it's stay black screen,

try for test
    at restart : enter Bios setup with F1 and need clear security chip
    type password blank and load by default and save

restore original Bios after...
    Attached Files

Comment

• lashamafia
      lashamafia commented
      Editing a comment
      not working,

no boot, black screen or music ??

Comment

• lashamafia
      lashamafia commented
      Editing a comment
      fan restart every 2 seconds and keyboard light also, on my patched bios music play but stay black screen

Originally posted by lashamafia View Post
    try this, follow instruction from autopatcher
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• lashamafia
      lashamafia commented
      Editing a comment
      Not worked, i try now to flash bios backup and now it's have same problem not turning on fan restart and keyboard light also restarting, checked soldering it's okay what maybe problem ?

It means you read bios chipset with errors, that's why Maxpower3's file didn't work, he's very good in modifying bios in a proper and working way. That's why is better to read Bios guides made by masters of this forum before doing modifications of the bios, they recommend to read bios chipset 2-3 times and compare results, if they are the same it means you got a proper bios dump.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    >>>>>

Comment

• lashamafia
      lashamafia commented
      Editing a comment
      Backup file is good i flashed it before an laptop was started, but now when i flash it it's not booting,

startup can take a long time, sometimes several startup cycles before the light

Comment

and if chipset is MX25L128 replace it with another one, i.e W25Q128, I had many troubles with this kind of chipset after erased 3 times.
      >>>>>

Comment

• lashamafia
        lashamafia commented
        Editing a comment
        Replaced bios chip and now it's working, thanks for your reply,

good news but be more explicit: is patched file working?
      >>>>>

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a Thinkpad T495 (AMD Ryzen).
      I tried to disable the BIOS supervisor password and Computrace, but I failed.
      Can you please help me?

What I did so far:
      I tried the autopatcher but wasn't able to succeed (black screen, beep sounds, fan spin, but no boot).
      I flashed back the original BIOS: system works, but supervisor password is still active.

I attached the dump of the original BIOS (verified by reading it multiple times)

Model: 20NK (20NKS53V00)
      Serial number: PF25PGKQ
      BIOS version: R12ET62W1.32

It would be great if anyone could help me.
      Thank you :-)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by libertad_carajo View Post

It would be great if anyone could help me.
      Thank you :-)
      📖⤵

Boot the machine
      Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
      Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
      Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
      Press space bar 2x when asked
      Turn off machine
      Restore original BIOS
      Reset BIOS settings to factory default
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Awesome, it worked like a charm! Thank you so much for your help!

If you don't mind sharing your knowledge: How did you create this BIOS? I would like to learn.

Comment

Hello!

I use Autopatcher to create the open bios, the machine starts, but only beeps. screen is black. I am rewriting the original bios, it works, but it has a password. What could be the problem?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Echoo View Post
            Hello!

I use Autopatcher to create the open bios, the machine starts, but only beeps. screen is black. I am rewriting the original bios, it works, but it has a password. What could be the problem?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...55#post3233555

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't do this, I don't have enough knowledge.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't do this, I don't have enough knowledge.
                try this one to test

Originally posted by kuch3n View Post
                Lenovo T495s 20QK
                The first try didn't worked out and the bios beeped 5x times (wrong checksum). UEFITool revealed the wrong hash:
                Code:
                FfsParser::checkProtectedRanges: Phoenix protected range [BB0000h:F30000h] hash mismatch, opened image may refuse to boot
                RelativeOffset: 00BB0000h Size: 380000h
                Hash: 894F0EC4AAE777028ADC60150B10ECE724FC165E6530129DD6B56E45623192E6
                With the help of HxD i calculated the SHA256 of above range and replaced the old hash with the new one (search the old hash and replace it with the calculated one with help of HxD). A boot with manipulated checksum and patched BIOS binary worked. Supervisor password was removed. Thank you very much!

Donation incomming (:

[/CODE]

Click image for larger version  Name:	chk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.5 KB ID:	3234910

Click image for larger version  Name:	cks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	320.2 KB ID:	3234909
                Click image for larger version  Name:	chk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.6 KB ID:	3234911

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

try this one to test

Click image for larger version Name:	chk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.5 KB ID:	3234910

Click image for larger version Name:	cks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	320.2 KB ID:	3234909
                  Click image for larger version Name:	chk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.6 KB ID:	3234911

Thank you very mutch! Perfect! The bios open!

Comment

Thank you very mutch! Perfect! The bios open!
                    clear password and security,load by default. restart
                    and restore original BIOS

otherwise password disappears forever​

Comment

Hi I need to patch my Lenovo t495 to remove the supervisor password .
                      I cannot use the autopatcher because the t495 is not Intel but a Ryzen.
                      I make a dump of original firmware and now I ask your help to patch it.
                      Please can you help me?

board code: FA495 NM C131 REV. 1.0
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gsoft View Post
                        Hi I need to patch my Lenovo t495 to remove the supervisor password .
                        I cannot use the autopatcher because the t495 is not Intel but a Ryzen.
                        I make a dump of original firmware and now I ask your help to patch it.
                        Please can you help me?

board code: FA495 NM C131 REV. 1.0
                        It doesn't work ,what you are asking
                        You need at least the SVOD4 or the Vertyanov.

Comment

Originally posted by AccountSaver View Post

It doesn't work ,what you are asking
                          You need at least the SVOD4 or the Vertyanov.
                          Sorry I don't understand...
                          Is not possible to patch this bios?

I read other post where people figured out to patch but not with autopatcher. They ask and someone send the patched bios.... Can you help me please?

Comment

Working...
                          X