Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Zbook 17 G5 bios password unlock

Hi
    Could anyone unlock this zbook bios for me please? I tried RC unlocker but it still asks for a password
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-19-2023, 05:48 AM. Reason: added "17" to thread title

Re: HP Zbook G5 bios password unlock

Originally posted by IDElectroRep View Post
    Hi
    Could anyone unlock this zbook bios for me please? I tried RC unlocker but it still asks for a password
    Thanks
    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-19-2023, 05:47 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: HP Zbook 17 G5 bios password unlock

All sorted, tried RC unlocker again and it worked. Thanks!

Comment

Can somebody help me with zbook 17 G5 bios password? RS unlocker can't work with 32 mb dump
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barmaley_GMN View Post
          Can somebody help me with zbook 17 G5 bios password? RS unlocker can't work with 32 mb dump
          Read post #2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Barmaley_GMN View Post
            post your sn nxt time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
              Read post #2

Thanks! The third one was more helpful.
              RS Unlocker with 16mb dump removed password from BIOS
              But it seems that something not good because esc while boot sometimes reboots system sometimes let me enter to the startup menu and I don't know why
              Last edited by Barmaley_GMN; 10-10-2023, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post
                post your sn nxt time.
                Thanks!

Comment

Greetings oh BIOS masters. I am requesting help with a bricked Zbook 17 G5. I'm requesting clean BIOS and EC images.

I attempted to remove the BIOS password by flashing the BIOS with directions from another site using a CH341A black and cooked the chip while trying to read it. It's a GD25B256D in a WSON 6x8 socket and was not in the MB when I cooked it. I have no flash image to post because I'm a ham fisted newbie.

After finding this site and reading everything, I purchased a RT809F and new chips (W25Q256JV seem to be equivalent) and tried some bin images from this thread. Flashing was successful, but still getting no boot. It's powering up, fans on full, no video, then shuts down and cycles again. I assume failing POST.

I was able to read the EC using a test probe, but I think I screwed the image read by using the auto detect chip type. It's missing some areas when compared to EC images posted here. The current image on the EC is re-flashed of the corrupted read so I have no original EC image.

Also question: The BIOS battery is underneath the MB and hard to get to. Do I have to pull it to flash the EC? Or to get this whole mess fixed?

SN: 2TK9490M83

Thanks kindly in advance.

Comment

On a side note, the software I downloaded for the RT809F from this link appears to be infected with a trojan. The link comes from a thread here.

http://doc.ifix.net.cn/@rt809/ENGLISH.html

Comment

Originally posted by mattstu View Post
                      On a side note, the software I downloaded for the RT809F from this link appears to be infected with a trojan. The link comes from a thread here.

http://doc.ifix.net.cn/@rt809/ENGLISH.html
                      try this, it should enter in MPM mode, write what's in DMI.txt in Set Machine Unique Data and save. I took DMI from part surfer according to your serial.
                      Attached Files
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      all donations are welcome,
                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                      >>>>>
                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                        try this, it should enter in MPM mode, write what's in DMI.txt in Set Machine Unique Data and save. I took DMI from part surfer according to your serial.
                        That worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

And thanks for the tip on Part Surfer. I hadn't seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by mattstu View Post
                          That worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

And thanks for the tip on Part Surfer. I hadn't seen that before.
                          so good news, enjoy.
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

HP Zbook 17 G5 bios password .
                            I tried HPUnlocker, uploaded the obtained dump, but the password remained.
                            SN: SCD91743Y
                            Attached Files

Comment

• SMDFlea
                              SMDFlea commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Have you tried RC unlocker

Originally posted by Sergant1979 View Post
                            HP Zbook 17 G5 bios password .
                            I tried HPUnlocker, uploaded the obtained dump, but the password remained.
                            SN: SCD91743Y
                            Yes, I tried RC unlocker, but it gave an error saying the file is 32M.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergant1979 View Post

Yes, I tried RC unlocker, but it gave an error saying the file is 32M.
                              dro[ 16mb file on RCunlocker

Comment

Working...
                              X