HP EliteBook x360 1030 g7 LA-J442P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteBook x360 1030 g7 LA-J442P

good evening you can help me I have an HP ELITEBOOK x360 1030 g7 fpm30 la-j442p rev 0.3. When I received the PC it did not turn on so I flashed the BIOS with the 1040 G7 dump so it turns on now but no display I need the BIOS trash to origin. Here is my old dump.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vesko356; 01-16-2024, 05:50 PM. Reason: Added "EliteBook" to thread title

Re: HP x360 1030 g7 LA-J442P

Originally posted by Alassane View Post
    good evening you can help me I have an HP ELITEBOOK x360 1030 g7 fpm30 la-j442p rev 0.3. When I received the PC it did not turn on so I flashed the BIOS with the 1040 G7 dump so it turns on now but no display I need the BIOS trash to origin. Here is my old dump
    HP EliteBook x360 1030 G7 Notebook PC
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: HP x360 1030 g7 LA-J442P

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      HP EliteBook x360 1030 G7 Notebook PC
      thank you for this bin.But i tried it does not turn on.It only show caps lock light

Comment

(Reposting as requested)
        Have a system with a broken SSD connector. Got a replacement motherboard from China. Upon install it was slow to start and had 5 slow flashes of caps lock. Resetting to defaults resulted in not being able to get back to BIOS screens, requiring a reflash of the chip (image provided by board supplier). Same result.

I installed EC and BIOS from a donor board, then updated BIOS via network. System was working (did not brick after loading defaults) but still had slow start. Identified ME as likely culprit in slow boot and 5 flash symptom.

First, I double checked CSME tools versions to make sure they matched ME version (14.1.70.2228). I loaded the donor bios file into Intel FIT and changed Intel ME Binary File parameter to point to the ME RGN file (14.1.70.2228_COR_LP_BA_PRD_EXTR-Y_7EB3AD1F as there is not proper image in the 14.1 repository) and built a new image. I then burned that outimage.bin file back. 5 flashes is gone, but so is the SSD disk - it is suddenly no longer recognized. I've done all resets and it will not show up. Also went through the process again (in case I missed something) with the same result. I don't see where what I did is really any different than the process outlined in the ME Firmware Cleaning Guide, except for the Create Intermediate Files option. So, not sure what happened here. Any possibility of recovery?

I'd like to know what I did wrong here, rather than just upload files and have someone fix it. I can of course upload any files required for analysis.

Appreciate any assistance. Assuming I can get this resolved, I will still be left with a 'HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem', but one thing at a time. (I think this is because SN doesnt match.) Thanks in advance.

SN of donor is CND1139BMR
        SN of replacement is CND11939PT
        System board is FPM30 LA-J442P

('Donor' files are dumps from old broken system board - had broken SSD connector
        'New' files are dumps from EC chip from replacement board and BIOS as provided by China guys.)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oscarmeyer View Post
          (Reposting as requested)
          Have a system with a broken SSD connector. Got a replacement motherboard from China. Upon install it was slow to start and had 5 slow flashes of caps lock. Resetting to defaults resulted in not being able to get back to BIOS screens, requiring a reflash of the chip (image provided by board supplier). Same result.

I installed EC and BIOS from a donor board, then updated BIOS via network. System was working (did not brick after loading defaults) but still had slow start. Identified ME as likely culprit in slow boot and 5 flash symptom.

First, I double checked CSME tools versions to make sure they matched ME version (14.1.70.2228). I loaded the donor bios file into Intel FIT and changed Intel ME Binary File parameter to point to the ME RGN file (14.1.70.2228_COR_LP_BA_PRD_EXTR-Y_7EB3AD1F as there is not proper image in the 14.1 repository) and built a new image. I then burned that outimage.bin file back. 5 flashes is gone, but so is the SSD disk - it is suddenly no longer recognized. I've done all resets and it will not show up. Also went through the process again (in case I missed something) with the same result. I don't see where what I did is really any different than the process outlined in the ME Firmware Cleaning Guide, except for the Create Intermediate Files option. So, not sure what happened here. Any possibility of recovery?

I'd like to know what I did wrong here, rather than just upload files and have someone fix it. I can of course upload any files required for analysis.

Appreciate any assistance. Assuming I can get this resolved, I will still be left with a 'HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem', but one thing at a time. (I think this is because SN doesnt match.) Thanks in advance.

SN of donor is CND1139BMR
          SN of replacement is CND11939PT
          System board is FPM30 LA-J442P

('Donor' files are dumps from old broken system board - had broken SSD connector
          'New' files are dumps from EC chip from replacement board and BIOS as provided by China guys.)
          SSSS
          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

That seems to have done the trick, thank you. Would you mind outlining the steps taken, so that I may learn from this experience? What I did wrong, what things I omitted? In any case thanks very much for that assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarmeyer View Post
              That seems to have done the trick, thank you. Would you mind outlining the steps taken, so that I may learn from this experience? What I did wrong, what things I omitted? In any case thanks very much for that assistance.
              I just followed the instructions here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...22#post1622422

Comment

Hi, Can you please clean DMI information (s/n and others) so I can use this bios on a second HP X360 1030 G7? Or have you got just a clean bios, so I can add DMI info later on?

I tried a BIOS from HP website (matching "S93") sp151282.exe for HP EliteBook x360 1030 G7 Notebook PC, but it didn't work (won't turn on). I might be doing something wrong.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello all, I have a HP EliteBook 1030 G7 that has had a failed bios update
                and I just have a blank screen and the fan is on full speed, could be other problems.

I am uploading the original files there is no password on this bios.
                Can a pro please have a look and try to fix.

Serial number, CMD05151W2
                Motherboard model, FPM30 LA-J442P Rev 1.0

I did try a few sets I found online but I am getting Endpoint Security Error.

Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                  Hello all, I have a HP EliteBook 1030 G7 that has had a failed bios update
                  and I just have a blank screen and the fan is on full speed, could be other problems.

I am uploading the original files there is no password on this bios.
                  Can a pro please have a look and try to fix.

Serial number, CMD05151W2
                  Motherboard model, FPM30 LA-J442P Rev 1.0

I did try a few sets I found online but I am getting Endpoint Security Error.

Thanks.
                  try
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank mate, will give this a go soon.

Comment

Hi,
                      Can you please enable the MPM mode in the attached BIOS? I was trying many times to do so via HP BIOS Configuration Utility, but I always end up with Error Code 6 (Access Denied).
                      HP Elitebook x360 1030 G7. Motherboard FPM30 LA-J442P, Rev.1.0. S/N: CND1023N04. System bios "S93".
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kazik View Post
                        Hi,
                        Can you please enable the MPM mode in the attached BIOS? I was trying many times to do so via HP BIOS Configuration Utility, but I always end up with Error Code 6 (Access Denied).
                        HP Elitebook x360 1030 G7. Motherboard FPM30 LA-J442P, Rev.1.0. S/N: CND1023N04. System bios "S93".
                        here u go.
                        use BCU to fill these DMI info:

Serial Number: CND1023N04
                        Product #/SKU: 2K9F8EC#ABU
                        CT Number: PKLVNG51WEP6WA
                        Description: HP EliteBook x360 1030 G7 No
                        BuildID: 20WWHCBT601#SABU#DABU
                        Feature Byte: 3X476J6S6b7B7H7M7R7W7m7saBaEapaqauawbVbhcAdUdpdqfPguhKhWhZjhk8mE.mE
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X