Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the topic of "M1 FMM bypass / EFI Unlock" become faux pas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the topic of "M1 FMM bypass / EFI Unlock" become faux pas?

I've noticed that both the large threads on this topic are locked (though, not deleted) ... but they were both active and seemed like repos where an eventual solution would be posted, as well as representing a compendium of attempts that either provided some insight or which didn't work.

It seems however, that there's been no subsequent updates (in any thread) to that topic since approx. December of 2022 ... about 4 months ago.

If there's another active thread or it's become off-limits, I apologize ...

Lastly, is it acceptable for users to provide a 'review' as to the efficacy of services such as those offered by

for instance, which I saw mentioned towards the end of one of the threads ... but I have no idea as to whether it's a product or strictly a service ... and irrespective which, if users received what they paid for.

Lastly, I own 2 "locked" units now,

1x which has MDM lock ...
    1x which I think is IC locked ...

To be clear, I'm the legal owner of these units ... they were purchased from a company that didn't know to require the owner remove the password prior to returning the product.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that Apple should restore the usability to the products (even if they delete the information) for anyone who can prove they're the legal owner of said product ... but alas, they almost certainly regard that as needless altruism which cuts into their ability to sell another unit to the 'defrauded' party.

Again, thanks, & I hope I haven't violated a new policy of decorum or the likes.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 04:01 PM. Reason: paid site link removed

Re: Has the topic of "M1 FMM bypass / EFI Unlock" become faux pas?

Several threads have been locked/deleted and some members have been banned due to regular infringement of the rules https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570 as well as a lot of nonsense being posted in threads related to newer Mac locks.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Several threads have been locked/deleted and some members have been banned due to regular infringement of the rules https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570 as well as a lot of nonsense being posted in threads related to newer Mac locks.
      Thanks for the info ... I don't think I saw people trying to conduct transactions, though, I think there are companies (unrelated to any users) which are required to get locked units to work again.

I really hope there's some way that we can resume walking that fine line again. Perhaps instead of an advertisement, a list of the rules (in lieu of the ad) reminding people of the decorum to follow .... as the information was truly invaluable! Just my 2 cents.

And again, thanks for elaborating. Regards.

Comment

Ive recently bought 3 locked units and will start doing some research on the devices soon. Should I post on this thread or start a new thread?

also is anyone aware of a way to dump/flash efi/bios on M1/M2 devices?

Comment

Thread closed.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
          X