MacBook Air 2018, no power at all after backlight repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air 2018, no power at all after backlight repair

Hi, so I get a board 820-01521-02 today and I am really annoyed because it cames for a no backlight and full fan speed issues. So I solved the full fan speed issue by replacing resistors around a sensor chip. But then I get to solve the backlight issue, I saw 2 resistors (R8452 and R8453), they were blown, I replaced them. I powered up the machine (in the Mac case, with the battery pluged in and the screen pluged in) the amp meter get to around 20V 0,250amp, like a normal boot, then stops, no fan no screen, no battery charging and get to 20V 0,000amp, during boot.
    And now after testing all the rails for the T2, I found that the machine doesn't have PP5v_G3S, no PP3v3_G3S and no PP1v8_G3S. Non of them are shorted, the machine was perfectly working without backlight, I don't understand the resistors I replaced are non related to a direct communication with the T2 or PMU. I also don't hane any enable signals for the previous rail.
    Note: In Apple configurator I have an error message when I try to revive the board: Gave up waiting for device to transition from DFU state to DFU stave
    Last edited by Win Me; 03-22-2022, 03:32 PM.

Re: MacBook Air 2018, no power at all after backlight repair

Try to restore with another, shorter USB cable.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Try to restore with another, shorter USB cable.
      But mine is already very short. And it takes like 10 minutes before getting to the error

Comment

Plus my cable works, I already restored some Mac with it

Comment

So, for anyone having the same issue, I fixed mine. My issue was weird because when I was reseting the SMC my G3S rails came back but not any S5 rails were working and tthe SMC reset worked ONLY with a battery pluged in, with no battery the reset didn't do anything! I replaced R5240, the resistor was bad and Q6950, TADA the Mac works again.

Comment

Working...
          X