Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Originally posted by fabiog View Post
    To continue, the problem is software related the latest antivirus program update was causing the freezing, I feel so silly now lol.
    I didn't have to open the laptop and resolder new caps but since the symptom made me think it was related to the caps I only reinstalled the VGA driver and then went straight for the board ,the key thing to remember with this motherboard and NEC problem is that it hangs + shutsdown.
    I'm glad it's working now and I wont be replacing the new caps I added it will have to stay like this .
    would be interested to know whose antivirus update it was?

Comment

It was Avast latest program update ,I installed an older program version and seems to be behaving ,something conflicting it seems with latest release.

Comment

Here is another job from yours truly. This time i used some different capacitors that had an extra negative terminal in the middle, protruding from the sides. This allowed me to place them back to back and not have to scrape the solder mask any. Looks clean and works perfectly.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

To ALL the posters on this forum, but especially Notsosure and rievax 60, thank you so much for all your info, my Toshiba A300 started to misbehave late last year and I stuck it in a cupboard thinking that it was probably the power supply, and one day I would buy a new one, anyhow, fortunately prior to spending money I did the research and found this forum, great resource, I have replaced my OE 907 with 4 of the Tantalum caps that Notsosure recommended from RS, cost $17AU....the thing now rocks! THANK YU ALL.

Comment

This question has a Toshiba L300 laptop is a known problem in our country are sold only tantalum capacitors 330 microfarads 6,3v or 10 volts suit if they return 2.5V.

Такой вопрос: имеется ноутбук Toshiba L300 с известной проблемой у нас в стране продаются только танталовые конденсаторы на 330 мкф 6,3в или на 10 вольт подойдут ли они взамен 2,5в.

Comment

whether you can put 4 x 330 uF 6,3v?

Comment

Yes you can use 330uF 6.3v.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I hope this information is checked) as the laptop colleagues

Comment

293D337X96R3D2TE3 such an approach?

Comment

VISHAY 293D337X96R3D2TE3 SMD D (7343-31)
                      Размер корпуса, LWH (мм) 7,30x4,30x2,90
                      Емкость 330uF
                      Допуск (±%) 10
                      Рабочее напряжение (В) 6,3
                      Рабочая температура (°С) -55…125°C

Comment

Originally posted by horol001 View Post
                        VISHAY 293D337X96R3D2TE3 SMD D (7343-31)
                        Размер корпуса, LWH (мм) 7,30x4,30x2,90
                        Емкость 330uF
                        Допуск (±%) 10
                        Рабочее напряжение (В) 6,3
                        Рабочая температура (°С) -55…125°C
                        No!

Only 0.60 ESR and 500mA ripple rating. Not good enough.
                        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

found on a Chinese website see if they fit spetsialistі

http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Free-S...rchweb201560_9

Comment

Part number is OK, but Aliexpress will send you fake parts.

I have Kemet A700:

Part number: A700X477M2R5ATE010
                            2V 470uF ESR 10mOhm Ripple 4700mA (Dimensions: 7.3mm 4.3mm 4.0mm)

Part number: A700X277M004ATE015
                            4V 270uF ESR 15mOhm Ripple 3900mA (Dimensions: 7.3mm 4.3mm 4.0mm)

Please note that these are "X" size case, and they are taller than "V" size (2.0mm) and "D" size (2.8). So I don't know if they will fit.
                            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Some parts from Aliexpress sellers are bad in some way.
                              I have found these to be ok.
                              http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...699744043.html

Comment

That seller's ICs are almost certainly fake. I have bought MOSFETs from AliExpress before and they were obvious fakes...

It's not necessarily impossible that he would sell a quantity of 50 tantalum caps with a value of $3+ each for $10 total, just make sure they really test 9mOhm and 330uF before you use them.

Comment

Hi i have replace the nec tokin with 4 330uf 2.5v tantalium capacitor on my toshiba a300-20w but the laptop is working ok only without the battery, when i have connect the battery and the charger the laptop shutdown unexpected. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                                    That seller's ICs are almost certainly fake. I have bought MOSFETs from AliExpress before and they were obvious fakes...

It's not necessarily impossible that he would sell a quantity of 50 tantalum caps with a value of $3+ each for $10 total, just make sure they really test 9mOhm and 330uF before you use them.
                                    They seem to be ok. I am now half way through my 2nd order of 50. I have used most of them in my own collection of A200 laptops. The ESR must be ok because the laptop will work after fitting the first 2 capacitors.
                                    The seller has 29 orders with good feedback.
                                    I have been bitten by fake parts through Ali-express. It can take a lot of time and effort to prove that the parts are at fault and not another cause.

Comment

Originally posted by eniac22 View Post
                                      Hi i have replace the nec tokin with 4 330uf 2.5v tantalium capacitor on my toshiba a300-20w but the laptop is working ok only without the battery, when i have connect the battery and the charger the laptop shutdown unexpected. Any advice?
                                      Are you saying that the laptop works normally when powered from the charger only?

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                        Are you saying that the laptop works normally when powered from the charger only?
                                        Yes, i use this capacitor from ebay maybe is crap but i remember that i have use it again without problem

Comment

Im still trying to make sense of this. While the laptop is being powered from the charger only, what happens when you insert the battery?

Comment

Working...
                                          X