Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook A1466 820 00165 A power not on after shutdown

macbook A1466 820 00165 A power not on after shutdown

It even works when the MagSafe charger is not connected and it works on the battery only mode. However, the problem re-appears when I SHUTDOWN my MacBook.

So, everytime I SHUTDOWN mac, unplug the battery and replug the battery, then plug in the charger and press start and it works. its works if I RESTART but doesn't turn on if I SHUTDOWN.

Re: macbook A1466 820 00165 A power not on after shutdown

Disconnect touchpad and try shorting SMC_ONOFF_L to ground instead of pressing power button.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

820-00165 power issues after restrat or shutdown not turn on

820-00165 power issues after restart or shutdown not turn on only quarter fan spin after reconnect battery or work normal until reboot or shutdown

i found someone else same issue here

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookrepa..._power_issues/

so I have a weird one. I have a MacBook Air motherboard 820-00165 that does power on, but if you click restart it does turn off but doesn't turn back on. If you press the power button it won't turn on till you leave it alone for ~a minute then it will turn on just fine. Same results with it being plugged in. The power button does work as it wakes the computer up, holding it does shut the machine off, etc. Just turning it on from a cold boot is sometimes a hit or miss. Does anyone have any experience with this? I suspect SMC but was wanting a second opinion before I rip one off a donor board and put it on here.

I have tried a new keyboard as well for this unit with the same issue. No liquid damage at all.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

same

Comment

Originally posted by saqi4u View Post
          same
          Your new thread has been merged with your old one,no need to start a new thread for the same thing
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi, does somebody fixed??? Thank you

Comment

@fiabo89 - many threads on the forum for this logic board.

Do you have tools to service the laptop ? Soldering iron / hot air tools ?

Which board do you have in your laptop - is it 820-00165 ?

Are you using an original magsafe power adapter ? What color is the magsafe LED when powering the logic board ?

Comment

hi mon2, i have this problem as Sagi4u said before : "I have a MacBook Air motherboard 820-00165 that does power on, but if you click restart it does turn off but doesn't turn back on. If you press the power button it won't turn on till you leave it alone for ~a minute then it will turn on just fine. Same results with it being plugged in. The power button does work as it wakes the computer up, holding it does shut the machine off, etc. Just turning it on from a cold boot is sometimes a hit or miss. Does anyone have any experience with this? I suspect SMC but was wanting a second opinion before I rip one off a donor board and put it on here.

I have tried a new keyboard as well for this unit with the same issue. No liquid damage at all."

i've tried different chargers and tried to unplug all flaxes etc. no liquid damage, board looks like a new one . i think could be smc issue or a resistor near smc. if you have some opinion bout it, thank you man! and good work to al

Comment

Working...
                X