No announcement yet.

ASUS X442U With Power but No Display, 2 of the Power Supplies are not Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS X442U With Power but No Display, 2 of the Power Supplies are not Switching

I don't have a schematic and board view so I take pictures to the power supplies that are not switching.

Unit is with power but no Display.

Main power rail = 19V
    Main Bios Pin8 = 3.3V
    Power button = 3.3V
    No Voltage in RAM= I suppose that supply I label #2 with Voltage In 19V - No Drain Voltage

Label #1 (see image) - with Voltage In 19V - No Drain Voltage

Already checked all the mosfet but its not shorted It seems that they are not switching at all. I think the Driver of those mosfets are Faulty can anyone confirmed. Your input here would be a great help! Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS X442U With Power but No Display, 2 of the Power Supplies are not Switching

I also wanted to inject supply to see what is heating up but I do not know where to inject and how much voltage needed.

Comment

Re: ASUS X442U With Power but No Display, 2 of the Power Supplies are not Switching

I check again the laptop and found out that there are 3 more supply that are not Switching so Total of 5 supply that are not working.

Charging Light always On even without battery.
      Steady Power LED Light after pressing power button.
      Only 19V found in the LCD/LED Connector no other voltage

Could it be the SIO Chip is Faulty?
      SIO- ene KB9026Q C

Please anyone could give me an idea. What would be the possible issue on this laptop. Thank you! Stay safe!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Techbuddy2020; 08-20-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Any input would highly be appreciated! Thank you!

Comment

Hi, Update: I checked the Resistance to Ground on coils please see the actual value on the image. Those circle in yellow are not working. Can anyone tell me if the resistance value are good. Thanks and stay safe!
          Attached Files

Comment

S4(SUSP# SUSON#) S3 State (RUN ON) are missing that’s why no voltage on the coils Resistance is good find out requirements off SIO chip find out the data sheet of SIO ,may be Bad Bios Flash BIOS with a good Bin back up old bin

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
              S4(SUSP# SUSON#) S3 State (RUN ON) are missing that's why no voltage on the coils Resistance is good find out requirements off SIO chip find out the data sheet of SIO ,may be Bad Bios Flash BIOS with a good Bin back up old bin
              @techtiger
              Already flash the BIOS still the same. Could you please check the data of the SIO in the image versus the Actual Voltage value? Thank you for the input highly appreciated.
              Attached Files

Comment

check the voltage on the pins 37 84 89 before you press PWRBTW & after press the PWRBTW

Comment

boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85968
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

check the voltage on the pins 37 84 89 before you press PWRBTW & after press the PWRBTW
                    Those Pins has 0v before and after press the PWRBTW.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      @SMDFlea
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Techbuddy2020 View Post
                        Those Pins has 0v before and after press the PWRBTW.
                        now you have the Bordview from @SMDFlea test if the SIO get the power are you sure no voltage on those pins ? pin 22 96 125 116

Comment

now you have the Bordview from @SMDFlea test if the SIO get the power are you sure no voltage on those pins ? pin 22 96 125 116
                          Yes, I am sure. About this pins 22 96 125 116 also 0V before and after.

Comment

Does it mean that the SIO is Faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Techbuddy2020 View Post
                              Does it mean that the SIO is Faulty?
                              SIO is not getting power that's why all OV you have to trace it back to 3/5V Regulator with help of the Bordview trace it back, You should have some basic knowledge when you are troubleshooting check PU8701 all inputs & out puts
                              Last edited by Techtiger; 08-23-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Check RTCRST as well.

Comment

SIO is not getting power that's why all OV you have to trace it back to 3/5V Regulator with help of the Bordview trace it back, You should have some basic knowledge when you are troubleshooting check PU8701 all inputs & out puts
                                  @techtiger
                                  You might be right this may be the issue. I checked the voltage out few times and some of the pins changed its voltage value (eg. Pin8 & 9) It has voltage at first and after I pulled off the charger and plug it again the voltage becomes 0V. Same thing with Pin 3 & 4 and few other pins.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                    Check RTCRST as well.
                                    @mcplslg123
                                    I can't find the RTCRST and I don't see an RTC Batt on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                    X