• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 2x usb ports not working

HP BDL50 LAD704P (HP 250 G5 MODEL)

Hi,

Both usb ports have stopped working.

Does anyone know what component may require replacement from looking at the enclosed photo, i have noticed if i plug a 5v supply usb lead into any of the 2 ports they both work again, (maybe that helps to diagnose the issue).

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by frankkrantz; 02-09-2020, 10:18 AM.

Re: Hp 2x usb ports not working

Check the voltage of US1 IC all pins

Comment

will do thanks, what does US1 IC actually do ? should there be a voltage on all pins ?

Comment

Originally posted by frankkrantz View Post
        will do thanks, what does US1 IC actually do ? should there be a voltage on all pins ?
        It's switching the 5V from the motherboard side to usb port side, when you click right mouse button and select remove usb device it's cutting the power to the selected usb port.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

This chip converts +5VALW to +USB3_VCCB (+5V)

Comment

Where can i get this chip from if faulty, is there a work around or can i buy the chip ? thanks..

Comment

Where can i get this chip from if faulty, is there a work around or can i buy the chip ? thanks..
              Workaround? Not recommended theoretical workaround is to short the 5V power line from motherboard to usb port, but you will stay without any protection in case of short to ground at usb side, so it's very dangerous including for the cpu, hub and so on, just replace the part.

Comment

ok thanks, i understand, where can i buy the part ? i can't find a referance to it anywhere online...hope you can advise..

Comment

ok thanks, i understand, where can i buy the part ? i can't find a referance to it anywhere online...hope you can advise..
                  Find datasheet for your board, search for US1 in it, when you find it part name will be written there, so with that information you can surch and buy the component.

Comment

Unable to find a datasheet at the moment, no referance to K1126, maybe someone knows it as another component name i cant find any info at all on this ic ..thanks

Comment

Unable to find a datasheet ...
                      Try harder

SY6288D20AAC_SOT23-5
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 02-10-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thank you,

Here's an odd thing, i disconnected the ribbon cable to the other single usb port on the right hand side of the laptop today (this has always worked ok) & (see photo enc) & to my surprise the 2 x left usb ports sprung back to life...does this still mean "US1" ic as previously mentioned is still faulty please, when i plug the right side back in the 2 left ports go dead again..it's an odd thing going on, hope somebody can advice before i commence to replace components...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by frankkrantz; 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

thats why u must measure before replace.
                          check if that connector is not broken and give us picture of that usb

measure resistance to ground/outer metal part to pins of that connector

Comment

Working...
                          X