hp g62-a46se cannot power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp g62-a46se cannot power on

not good also because 1 pin on the ribbon is missing i just put it just try it but i think is bad also. is there a way to bypass this to make jumper wire from switch board to power button?

Comment

The only way I know is to replace the ribbon cable with wires, you will need to solder the wires on both boards. More work than just soldering the ribbon cable directly to the motherboard.

Comment

ok thanks i will try that, so there is no way to bypass like connecting only two wires from switch board to power botton directly?

Comment

On the power button board, you also have the lid switch, if you don't connect the wires for the lid, you will bypass the function of the lid switch. For the power switch, simply connect with two wires, pin 6 from the button board to pin 6 to the connector on the motherboard, do the same with pin 8.

Comment

thank you again jarotech for the time and response i will try that tomorrow and give update

Comment

i tried connect pin6 and pin8 to connector on switchboard and power button board not working cannot switch on.should i directly connect to power button the two wires?

Comment

Yes, you can try that.

Comment

i already tried still cannot turn on anyone please help how to make jumper to turn on this

Comment

anyone please help how to jumper this

Comment

If you are confirming that grounding pin125 of kbc switches the mb-You can surely try coonecting pin125 of kbc directly to switch . Remember to connect ground on the other side of the switch.

Comment

thanks ive done is connect pin6 directly to power button and pin8 on the ground on the other side of the button when plugged in starts automatically display comes and off but when one wire only to pin6 then other wire to ground and the remove it starts normally anyhelp on this

Comment

Have you checked your switch with a multimeter???

Comment

Working...
                          X