alienware m18xr2 and alienware m17x r3 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alienware m18xr2 and alienware m17x r3 problem

hello i have two laptops alienware m18x r2 and alienware m17x r3 ,both have problems the alienware m18x r2 the laptop is completely dead it dont power on battiery is working and power adapter is working but laptop dead, what and were do i test i added some motherboard pics of both sides . i have schematics but not know how to read it the power adapter i tested with multimeter and its 19.5 volts so its ok same with battery. just dont know were to check on the motherboard if you can put some arrows on the pictures and re upload what to check be very helpful,The second laptop
    alienware m17x r3 this turns on with only lights coming on no post black screen and the fans spin for fue seconds then after 20 mins left on it bleeps 7 times and stops and repeats theses 7 bleeps for about 2 mins then 2 bleeps , when i first power it on with power button it wont turn off with pressing the power button untill after the 7 bleeps have finished and i get the 2 bleeps and it will let me turn it off pressing power button first 2 pics are m18 x
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dan19557; 09-19-2016, 09:37 AM.

Re: alienware m18xr2 and alienware m17x r3 problem

To perform a repair, you must have a minimum of knowledge especially with notebook of this type.
    However, for the first, checks whether the battery LED lights up, if the LED does not light up, it is damaged the chip that controls battery charging and switching between power supply and battery.
    for the second the problems could be many, it could be a video card problem, bios, etc.
    It is not easy to give accurate answers without accurate controls.

Comment

Re: alienware m18xr2 and alienware m17x r3 problem

the m17x r3 has 7 bleeps and error code on dell web site says is cpu cache and 2 bleeps is ram, on the mx18 were do i find this chip on the mb of the first pics= the damaged the chip that controls battery charging and switching between power supply and battery.This is exactly like what my m17x r3 dose but carnt turn it off till the 7 beeps have turend to 2 bleeps
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHZh5kWAKMA
      Last edited by dan19557; 09-19-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X