T-Phone 6 Pro LCD issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Phone 6 Pro LCD issue

Hello, I have to repair a T-Phone 6Pro with a broken LCD and I order a replacement screen and the new screen is not working. So I order another screen and the issue is the same. I thought maybe I was bad luck and I ordered a third screen and the issue is the same. The problem is that the new screen has vertical lines in the middle of the screen. The old one is working (it is broken but I can see the image). All 3 new screens have the same issue. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I do not think that 3 LCDs are bad.
    ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Are you ordering the replacement screens from the same vendor? We are designing with these UHD LCDs and learning a lot from the process. These displays are driven by the MIPI interface and often will be 4 lanes of differential lines based on the size of the phone. Respectively, there is an initialization routine where the target LCD is configured by the host with respect to timing / start & end of the porch signals / TE enable / disable. From a quick review, it appears the shared pic has improper timing for the LCD.

Is it possible that this phone was offered in different resolution? Perhaps a vendor fault in shipping the wrong display(s)? You may want to consider to test with a different vendor. An extreme but viable suggestion is to consider a used phone of the same model for testing. It should function unless they lock the screens to the logic board like Apple does on the current models. Just my 2 bits.

Comment

hm, I ordered from different vendors (2 from China and 1 from the EU). There may be a different version of the phone I am not sure. But the thing is that the interior of the phone looks the same. In a few days, I will have another phone to test it. On other phones like Xiaomi, Huawei, etc in case that there exist a few versions of the phone usually the manufacturer puts different flex cables or connectors but this is exactly the same. I will check with other phone and post here.
      ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Comment

Working...
      X