This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS 13 9360 intel 7th gen No power

Hi all, looking for some help. Board is completely clean, as is the rest of the machine, battery is healthy and charges fine on other machine. The machine is completely dead however did power up yesterday and reported an 3 amber 1 white led sequence which is dying cmos battery. Got into bios, charger detected, main battery charging etc. all looked fine. Powered down, Put another cmos battery in from another machine and it's dead again, no power.

Ordered a brand new CMOS battery to see if that helps but not holding my breath. Have done the whole disconnect battery and CMOs battery, press power button to drain all current, plug back in etc… to no avail… Any suggestions about what to look out for on these? Some dodgy capacitor dragging current down? Re flash bios chip? I think there are two on this model… Nothing gets hot on board as there is no power… using genuine dell charger… thank you!
  • Answer selected by bosscharles at 03-18-2024, 03:52 AM.

i noticed for some reason when exerting pressure on the ssd bracket the machine would show signs of life…. Look what I found! Someone used wrong length screws

will run a wire to fix the trace….

Comment

Hello Bosscharles,
      You seem to be working on the assumption that you can tell exactly what the problem is based on your observations alone.
      Unfortunately, this does not usually work. In addition, it is quite possible that the error with the CMOS battery is a second error that is independent of the main problem. It is therefore quite possible that we are even making false assumptions here. Against this background, the observations are only one indicator of many and must never be seen as something from which one can already draw conclusions.
      For this reason, as always, it is essential to use tools such as a multimeter to find further clues that lead to the error.
      In this particular case, this means, for example, checking whether there is any current at all on the main power rail in the "not working" state.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Thanks for the insight will do. Anybody else out there that has faced similar symptoms on these XPS 13 machines, if so, how did you fix?

Comment

i noticed for some reason when exerting pressure on the ssd bracket the machine would show signs of life…. Look what I found! Someone used wrong length screws

will run a wire to fix the trace….

Comment

Working...
          X