Lenovo Ideapad 100-151BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Ideapad 100-151BD

Hi to all, I hope someone can shed some light on a laptop issue I am having. It is a Lenovo Ideapad 100-151BD. It came in as "no display". Removed and re programmed Bios chip. Laptop now does power on, but take a few minutes to display anything. Once booted it works perfectly. Battery is charging as normal. Speed is good for what it is...I even managed to update the bios with the latest from Lenovo. Still issue persists. Any ideas?

Hello Gecko-EC. Try to flash clean ME BIOS dump. Download and extract it from official site support. Maybe problem with SoC or some other peripheries IC on board, lan, card-reader, codec. What chassis? I would check the USB date line.
    Last edited by shmyzdrek; 02-17-2024, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Checked BIOS battery. 3.2v. Lan, WIFI all USB working correctly. It is only on the startup that there is a delay. After boot takes place it is perfect. Successfully installed Windows and all drivers. Once booted everything is perfect... It almost seems as though something needs to heat up before progressing...

Comment

Removed and re programmed Bios chip.
        What dump did you flash into the BIOS chip? Is it clean BIOS? What about DMI information? What name of board (chassis)? Need more information for solution issue 🤷♂️

Comment

Late display is 'coz of dirty me region. If you dont know how to extract bios from update file.then post a request in the bios subforum for a clean me bios.Remember to upload your existing bios. No point troubleshooting lan,card reader etc at this stage.

Comment

THANK YOU!!! Mcpisig123 you are indeed a Badcaps Legend. Done a ME Clean and worked perfectly. Thank you so much! Attached is the working file for everyone else...

Comment

• SMDFlea
              SMDFlea commented
              Editing a comment
              As mcplslg123 said,please post the bios in the bios requests section.

Dont attach bios/schematics here.There is a dedicated "BIOS section".Post it there.

Comment

Working...
            X