HP DV2000.. charge light turns of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV2000.. charge light turns of

i just got this fixer upper .. and i plugged in the ac charger to the hp charge port and it glowed blue for 1 second then it dimmed and turned off...
    i know about the gpu problems on this board .. but is that affecting my charge port... or do you think its broken..???
    with the bad gpu the laptops led light up... and this board dosent...
    so i was just wondering if this is typical of a bad charge port or bad mb ...

Re: HP DV2000.. charge light turns of

DV 2500/DV2000 SE Will not P.O.S.T./No Power
    Click to Enlarge
    HP DV 2500 14.1"
    Intel Dual Core - Dead

DV2500 model number and of the DV2000 Special Edition series that exhibits power problems. The indication of power problems were shown by the ring-light on the DC Jack. Since the LED uses the +5v line this points to a problem in the low power section of the unit. There were no other symptoms other than not powering on, or rapidly shutting down.

Sections also controlled by the +5v

Power ON Button
    LED's and panels
    DC Jack Power indicator (ring light)

After close examination, found that the USB port was shorted. This was a clear visual short. PIN 1 is +5v for the USB which is Vcc or 5v for powering device that is plugged into port. With a dead short the power controller (usually a MAXIM IC) will not allow the rest of the unit to turn on. Though making troubleshooting a little more challenging, it protects the motherboard from additional damage as well as other parts.

Steps taken:
    Remove damaged USB port
    Clean solder holes
    Replace USB port

Comment

sorry for not getting back to this topic... i put the board away and iam not goin to do anything to it till i have more time to commit to it...
      thanks for the suggestion @Alfa ill try that first... than ill try to heta the chip with a heat gun...thats the 2nd step im goin to take...
      so thanks again...

Comment

laptop works... the charger was bad... i used my friends charger to turn i on so that he can see the problem and it turned on... i than put my charger on it and the charged light turned on for 2 seconds an went back off again....

i had already take it apart and was convinced it was the video problem...
        from now on i will use 2 different adapters to check if a laptop works...

Alfa is auto-- thanks again for your suggestions...

Comment

Nice to hear positive news

Comment

Working...
          X