My Laptop Is Locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Laptop Is Locked

I was given a laptop that has a lock on it so i cant access anything, its a Toshiba NB525 laptop n it doesnt have a cd drive, so i basically need to reinstall Windows 7 on it but not sure how, any ideas guys?

Re: My Laptop Is Locked

apparently the code that flashes on the screen for a split half second after trying to enter a BIOS code 3 times is actually the BIOS password, i managed to figure it out but still not granted, first time dealing with a locked laptop this is gonna be fun...

Comment

i got the BIOS password, not sure wat else i can do

Comment

c'mon somebody must know how to reset or reformat a locked laptop

Comment

well if you had put the thread in the rite placehttps://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23 you would have got help by now
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

still cant figure out how to reinstall windows 7, i need help on this one

Comment

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Should get you pointed in the right direction, the are tons of different ways to make an install of win7 from an usb drive though, just google "win7 install from usb" and you get tons of different guides. Havnt ever had to install from usb so never tried it myself. I have a spare usb DVD-drive that is way more convenient

Comment

take out the hard drive and run the first windows7 setup in the other laptop/pc
                then reinstall the hard in the Toshiba let it finish that's it

Comment

Originally posted by digge View Post
                  http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Should get you pointed in the right direction, the are tons of different ways to make an install of win7 from an usb drive though, just google "win7 install from usb" and you get tons of different guides. Havnt ever had to install from usb so never tried it myself. I have a spare usb DVD-drive that is way more convenient
                  Its a Toshiba NB525 netbook with Windows 7 on it but its locked i can only access the BIOS, i want to reset the netbook or reinstall windows 7 somehow so it can be used n this thing has no cd drive

Comment

what if i download windows 7 and put it on my USB then press f12 when the netbook boots up and boot through my USB would that work?

Comment

yes dl a proggy called iso2disc has option to put on cd/dvd or usb an makes it bootable!

Comment

i downloaded windows 7 iso, when i try booting it from my external hd it says "cannot detect NTLDR press ctrl+alt+del to restart", what should i do?

Comment

ive been searching about the 'NTLDR is missing' but i cant find any solution that didnt have more problems behind it, can anyone help?

Comment

now i have a hal.dll problem when i try to boot through my external hd i used this guide http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm to help with the NTLDR issue but now its the hal.dll thats missing or corrupted, im still trying but if somebody has a solution please let me kno, thanks

Comment

tried using LiveBoot 2012 to fix the hal.dll problem but didnt do anything, this is frustrating ive been at this all day, has nobody experienced this before?

Comment

you can not just copy iso to external an hope it boots! got an 4-8gig usb stick?

Comment

Originally posted by t.j. View Post
                                  you can not just copy iso to external an hope it boots! got an 4-8gig usb stick?
                                  i used Undisker to transfer it to my external hd, i tried using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool but it wont recognize my external hd, i dont have a 8 GB memory stick but i think i gotta get 1

Comment

Ok, i got a 8GB USB memory stick, i transfered Windows 7 onto it using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, plugged it in the netbook along with LiveBoot 2012 on it incase.

Windows 7 Installation pops up!, this is progress since it never popped up before, but theres a problem, earlier i couldnt access anything so i thought it was smart to DELETE EVERYTHING on the computer using LiveBoot which might have caused this problem now, not sure.

Windows 7 Install Windows pops up i click 'Install now >' , setup is starting..., it says either 'Upgrade to a newer version of windows and keep your files (which there arent any) or Custom (advanced) Install a new copy of windows which would have to be the one to choose.

i click custom and it says 'Disk 0 Partition 1 - Total Size/Free Space: 232.9GB Type: Primary, i click next and it says 'Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.'

Plz plz plz help im so close

Comment

I did it, apparently windows cant b installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 so i created a new partition, and boom, i have Windows 7 Ultimate, now to retrieve a product key and get this thing picking up a wireless connection

Comment

Working...
                                      X